Links inside notes don't work

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

I was forced by Evernote to migrate to version 10 a few weeks ago since the synchronisation didn't work no longer in legacy
To tell a long story short, I am still very frustrated since a lot of new "features" are horrible for me and I really think, all professional programmers has left Evernote and they're playing now in an amateur-league and no longer in Champions-League 😞
To be honest, some minor points are nice to have, i.e. the Backlinks and I found the Backcolors of the UI okay but even the colors are more than awful since 10.77.xx, a lot of things seams to be programmed quick and dirty

One of the many many points is this:
I'm working a lot with links and nearly every note of me has links to other notes
I also have exessive use of filters to find my notes (> 50k)
BUT, inside this (filtered) notes, the links inside doesn't work no longer, I guess because the filter is still working even though the note I have linked to does not match the filter criterium

DEAR JUNIOR PROGRAMMERS OF EVERNOTE:
a LINK does not need an additional filter, it is a link to a note that should work without any additional filter criterea

What is annoying also in this situation: The cursor in the middle window does not switch to the founded note, so it is nearly impossible to move to linked notes if they were found with filter
  • Like 2
  • Solution
13 minutes ago, cooljake said:

BUT, inside this (filtered) notes, the links inside doesn't work no longer, I guess because the filter is still working even though the note I have linked to does not match the filter criterium

I feel your pain. This is so annoying. Make sure you feed this back directly to EN as it is mainly fellow users on the forum.

I do find though that if you open the link in a new window it normally works. This can be done by ctrl clicking the link in Windows - you don't say what system you are using.

Also sometimes, but definitely not always, if I hit the back button from whatever random note EN takes me to, it will then go the correct note.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I feel your pain. This is so annoying. Make sure you feed this back directly to EN as it is mainly fellow users on the forum.

I do find though that if you open the link in a new window it normally works. This can be done by ctrl clicking the link in Windows - you don't say what system you are using.

Also sometimes, but definitely not always, if I hit the back button from whatever random note EN takes me to, it will then go the correct note.

Thank you Mike, the tip with ctl-click works and my linked note opens in a new window.. this helps a lot 🙂

btw, my system is Windows 10

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

To give feedback to Evernote: feedback@evernote.com. I would recommend not insulting them in your email, but maybe that's just me.

There's also a user who is creating a comprehensive table of issues in v. 10 that need addressing, and it would be good to add this issue to it, if it's not there already:

Thanks Dave, I wrote this to Evernote, and for sure, very serious and not insulting (hope so):

image.thumb.png.72921d317d8d36bf9f54640b761a51fe.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Ak chcete spoločnosti Evernote poskytnúť spätnú väzbu:  feedback@evernote.com . Odporučil by som ich neurážať vo svojom emaile, ale možno som to len ja.

Existuje tiež používateľ, ktorý vytvára komplexnú tabuľku problémov vo verzii 10, ktoré je potrebné riešiť, a bolo by dobré pridať do nej tento problém,  ak tam ešte nie je :

@cooljake

also added here:

raw D.13

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s36/sh/468827bb-c76d-c5bd-ddfb-43939eec55da/J32CLUxj4RO04QyhAwufC6ywh0VMCQGJnqU8GaPl7ObyybsJ-fmwAGQsyQ

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I find that internal links also don't work between notes in the same filtered list. It seemed to be random to me if they worked or not but maybe there is patten. Also I find that when clicking on these internal links and it can't find the linked note ( even in the same filter ) that my CPU usage goes through the roof. Code is definitely having a dummy spit and then when it can't work it out it goes to home screen,  does nothing or off to some random note. 

13 hours ago, Jon lowbank said:

I find that internal links also don't work between notes in the same filtered list. It seemed to be random to me if they worked or not but maybe there is patten. Also I find that when clicking on these internal links and it can't find the linked note ( even in the same filter ) that my CPU usage goes through the roof. Code is definitely having a dummy spit and then when it can't work it out it goes to home screen,  does nothing or off to some random note. 

I don't see a pattern. I often get an "Evernotes is not responding" and i have to restart. In Legacy, if you just clicked on a link in an open note, that link would open in the same window (or you could right click and open it as a tab or a new window). I used this many, many times a day. Now I spend my time dealing with erratic behavior with link clicks, horrible syncing, and just plain slowness. But hey, all kinds of cool AI features and such are coming out every day (for which I personally have no use whatsoever).

• Like 1
13 hours ago, kkarney said:

I don't see a pattern. I often get an "Evernotes is not responding" and i have to restart. In Legacy, if you just clicked on a link in an open note, that link would open in the same window (or you could right click and open it as a tab or a new window). I used this many, many times a day. Now I spend my time dealing with erratic behavior with link clicks, horrible syncing, and just plain slowness. But hey, all kinds of cool AI features and such are coming out every day (for which I personally have no use whatsoever).

Just come from legacy myself so I feel your pain. This and search and filter problems with tags are my biggest issues. Basic stuff that needs to work before bells and whistles are added

• Like 2