Passwords WTF?

• Level 5*

My turn to rant for a while...

I'm happily logged in to and using my desktop app,  but want to look at the web app too,  in course of answering a question from @Duhtch.  I kinda forgot I was on VPN,  and that sometimes causes issues with logging into the web.

Occasionally I get told the password is wrong.  This time I get told: 

password1.png.a80b5108a1373d380930c5d0f2f2dd10.png

🔹I found the email and clicked the link,  which confirmed I could now log in
🔹I found myself at the standard login page and filled in my details
🔹I'm now told my existing login has been suspended and I must reset my password
🔹Following that link I get -

password1.jpg.d0cf01eb11a46a15414bf83001512818.jpg

- which suggests I could go back to my existing login because none of this was my idea!
🔹However in the interests of ensuring I am able to access my account I'll change my password and close all applications...

image.jpeg.faf034515e707c0f90a3812eef04ef9f.jpeg

🔹which apparently works because my desktop app closes, but then I get -

image.jpeg.16a309bf00266638bda8efe88342d7d8.jpeg

🔹The initial password change window said my link was valid for 25 hours

🔹So I try to log in with my desktop app,  and the new password works;  BUT when I try to log into my Android app and it does not...

Considering that I use a Password Manager and did not make any password errors,  and would already have been logged in at my IP address on the desktop client while also trying to open the web client, and I now have to try uninstalling and reinstalling my tablet app,  and all of that took over an hour to get through (actually 80 minutes and counting...)

My Goodness Gracious I was upset.  So I'll relay all this to Support now,  and you lot can have fun at my expense...  😎

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, gazumped said:

and you lot can have fun at my expense...  😎

Not at all.  There is definitely some password weirdness going on at the moment.  I've experienced it as well.  I recently reinstalled on my iPad and when I logged in was told the password was not recognized ... hmmm.  I don't tend to log out so maybe it had been a while, so I clicked on forgot my password to create a new one.  I saved it to my password manager and tried to log back in.  It told me that my password was not recognized, yet told me that it was recently changed.  It didn't accept my new one or my old one.  I went through this one more time with the same results and then waited a few hours and tried again.  This time the new password worked.

All I could think of was that maybe there is or was a delay in implementing the new password, but that it recognized that there was a password change almost immediately.  I was able to log in and change it on my other devices so I've chalked this one up to one of the mysteries of digital life.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

...And I just got back to my mail and found a dozen alerts and warnings about password changes and new logins - from Chicago apparently.  These reprobates were even using my IP address too!  I think Evernote security had too much coffee..

EDIT:  Final comment here - AND being knocked out oy my account crashed my backup!!  Starting again now.... :angry:

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, gazumped said:

...And I just got back to my mail and found a dozen alerts and warnings about password changes and new logins - from Chicago apparently.

I'm currently showing access through Chicago, maybe it is me 😁. Ok, now I'm having fun at your expense 😀.  I had a couple of alerts and warnings but not that many.   I use a VPN and interestingly, it shows me accessing through a different state from Illinois so no idea why Evernote is showing Chicago.

• Haha 1