Notes available one day, gone the next. HELP!

Myross

Idea

Hi All, 

i've been using evernote for roughly 8 years, everything has been working fine. I was using a version prior to 10. 

Woke up this morning and its automatically updated to the new version, all my notes are gone along with the notebooks. It's blank. Same when i log into the web version. 

I booted up my laptop which i havent opened evernote in about a year. Verion 6.x. it synced all my notes to current. 

I tried loading the old version on my desktop and its showing blank still. 

16 replies to this idea

• Level 5
8 hours ago, Myross said:

Hi All, 

i've been using evernote for roughly 8 years, everything has been working fine. I was using a version prior to 10. 

Woke up this morning and its automatically updated to the new version, all my notes are gone along with the notebooks. It's blank. Same when i log into the web version. 

I booted up my laptop which i havent opened evernote in about a year. Verion 6.x. it synced all my notes to current. 

I tried loading the old version on my desktop and its showing blank still. 

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Almost 100% of the time when this happens, it is due to signing on with the wrong credential, such as email address. Evernote takes this as an effort to open a new account, and creates a blank one for you. Try logging on again, being very sure of the credentials. If that fails, let us know.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Same suggestion: try logging on again and making sure of the credentials you use.

My only login is my email.  My password is correct.

• Level 5
22 minutes ago, LeslieG said:

I did that, plus re-booted my laptop. Stil no data in Evernote client, but there is when I login to the web, or use iPad or phone. 

21 minutes ago, LeslieG said:

My only login is my email.  My password is correct.

Thanks. The most important things, I think, are that this happened with an update to the Evernote desktop client, and that the notes are there in Web, iPad, and phone. That suggests to me some kind of error in the desktop update. It can take time for notes to download in a new installation, but if nothing shows up, even after a period of time, then something's gone wrong. The surest bet might be to uninstall--people here recommend Revo Uninstaller on Windows machines, as doing a more thorough job of removing everything; then re-install with a download from https://evernote.com/download.

5 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Almost 100% of the time when this happens, it is due to signing on with the wrong credential, such as email address. Evernote takes this as an effort to open a new account, and creates a blank one for you. Try logging on again, being very sure of the credentials. If that fails, let us know.

I only have one email address that I've ever used with Evernote, its what I'm singing in with. 

I tried signing in and out multiple times. My old laptop with an old version is logged in with the same email account and it sync'd everything to the day before everything vanished. 

web version has nothing as well. 

plz help :(

@Myross On the web version that has nothing, will you go to the Settings button -> Personal info -> "Go to your profile" button, then click on "Account Summary". What date does it show next to the "Member Since" field?

@Boot17 it doesn't say or have the "member since" field.

Am not sure if this is relevant, I had a premium license back in October 2023, i upgraded to teams. All my notes were still present on the web version, etc. Just up until a few days ago when the desktop upgraded. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Myross said:

Am not sure if this is relevant, I had a premium license back in October 2023, i upgraded to teams. All my notes were still present on the web version, etc. Just up until a few days ago when the desktop upgraded. 

That's odd that your account sign-in doesn't show a member since field, but maybe that's a difference with a teams account.

11 hours ago, Myross said:

I only have one email address that I've ever used with Evernote, its what I'm singing in with.

Are you signing in "with Google" on any of those by chance? (Like you have a gmail address and so on one you sign in with your email and with the other you "sign in with Google"?)

• Level 5
4 hours ago, Myross said:

Apologies if this is something you've already done, but:

3 hours ago, LeslieG said:

Mine stayed on the web, and my client notes appeared when I clicked on "Notebooks " on the left panel.  All good now, thanks!

• Level 5

If you went to a Teams subscription, your account will basically be split into two: One teams, one personal. Teams is for use with multiple persons (actually it doesn’t make sense below 3 users).

I have never set one up myself, but your notes should be in your Personal account.

As with most account issues, you probably need support to sort it out.

4 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If you went to a Teams subscription, your account will basically be split into two: One teams, one personal. Teams is for use with multiple persons (actually it doesn’t make sense below 3 users).

I have never set one up myself, but your notes should be in your Personal account.

As with most account issues, you probably need support to sort it out.

thanks, i did email them Monday haven't heard back yet. I didn't realize how bad the support was. 

thx everyone for your inputs