Notebooks auto set to offline again ?

I had set all my Notebooks to be available offline. Last week, while in flight, I discovered that my latest notes were not available offline. Upon checking I found out that the settings had changed to not make any notebooks available offline. 
Since I had not changed the settings, I guess the change came with a recent update. I switched the downloading back on - and seem to have problems downloading some notes and notebooks again! 
For me, it seems that history repeats itself with Evernote. I thought the note sync and download issues had been resolved !
Anybody else has this problem ?

• Level 5

Just checked - the toggle still sits on online.

And my support ticket is still pending - after receiving an initial answer that showed me they haven’t even read the ticket. Probably one of these AIs that are used to build walls around overwhelmed departments.

Yes, same problem - again - with me. My toggle was reset away from offline. Moving it to enable offline access elicits a message "Downloading all notebooks", however there is no indication anything is happening. Perhaps a fix is on the way 🙏🏻

37 minutes ago, laurence.glazier said:

This morning "Make all available offline" had reset to Off by itself again.

I have set it back On again. Any backing up, if it is happening at all, is at a glacial speed.

"Make all available offline" is checked after today's update. It takes ages to make even the smallest note available offline.

I hoped the "offline" issue would be resolved. But we now seem to have got a few new functions/beautifications - and some of the old and surely new problems.

• Level 5

The full download of my notes took only 4 hours this time, over WiFi to my iPhone 15 Pro Max. It worked similarly to my iPad Air 5.

Phone on charger, autolockscreen set to never, EN app in the foreground, offline toggle to „All“.

This was roughly 10 times faster than the last download.

It should be possible to download a full account during one night now. I think this is acceptable.

With older versions it took several days, and the download only worked by selecting notebooks.

This means the download on mobile for offline use was improved a lot with the latest updates. Well done !

For the original poster, my experience with the Android client is that sometimes (not all the time) an update fails to respect my choice to make some folders available offline.  It's probably a good habit to check periodically.  I try to do so at the beginning of the month or before I know I may be offline and need some of the info.

Vinnie

I did eventually get my iPhone notebooks all stored offline. However after adding a few more small notes, it is taking an age to store the changes.

With my iPad I have not been as lucky. It has apparaently been trying to complete this backup for about 24 hours. Most of my notes are stored offline from when this used to work, but a few have changes. In desperation I thought I would log out and in again, and do the backup in full. However it froze after I clicked on Log out. Perhaps I should remove and install again, but this is not a practical solution if it is an ongoing problem.

So my confidence is reduced in offline storage at the moment. Just in case we are forced to use offline data for some reason, does anyone know if the laptop versions of offline storage is reliable. I am aware that filters etc may not work offline...(perhaps this one should be in a different forum).

Offline availability is one of the key benefits of Evernote ordinarily.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, laurence.glazier said:

does anyone know if the laptop versions of offline storage is reliable. I

Hard to say since the desktop version gives you no indication when a note is successfully stored offline or not (unlike mobile).  If you have the offline setting turned on then the assumption is yes, but several have reported recently that the answer is no.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Hard to say since the desktop version gives you no indication when a note is successfully stored offline or not (unlike mobile).  If you have the offline setting turned on then the assumption is yes, but several have reported recently that the answer is no.

Thanks for the headsup, I'll have to keep an eye on this in the desktop threads.

• Like 1

More info on this problem. In the end, after failing to obtain a full backup to iPad, I uninstalled the app, reinstalled, and set the backup going. It almost completed a full backup but a few notebooks, all recently changed, failed to complete backup to offline storage, no matter what I tried. In addition, the slider Make all available offline, has turned itself off twice. So under the circumstances, I have given up on having this work on iPad for now. This definitely used to work until recently.

This choice is mitigated by the fact that in contrast, my data is fully backed up on the iPhone As for my desktop, I am taking it on trust that my notes are all available offline 🙏🏻