Evernote please respond. MY LIFE IS ON THE LINE DUE TO HEART HEALTH INFORMATION STORED IN MY LOCKED ACCOUNT

I am desperate!

I have been waiting 7 weeks for a response on any of these tickest.

My email was orphaned apparently with a security upgrade.  account is tied to a work email that i no longer have acccess to as i have a new job.  

IVE ALREADY CANCELLED MY CARDIOLOGY APPOINTMENT AND NEED THE DATA COLLECTED THAT I STORED IN EVERNOTE and since i dont have accecss to it i mya have to go through another 6 weeks of tests to recollect the data.

PLEASE GOD SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Here are 2 of the tickets

I've dm'd several of the 5 starts to upgarde and get direct help.

This is easy to fix.  i have the user name and password.  THe link to re-set is being sent to the orphaned email address. I just need someone to contact me

I've contacted countless times 

@evernote

@evernotehelps

ZERO RESPONES IN 2 MONTHS!!!!!!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!  I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.  THIS DATA IS IN THE CLOUD AT EVERNOTE AND THATS THE ONLY PLACE IT IS STORED

• Sad 1
  • 1 month later...

@gazumped 

gazumped can you please escalate ticket #3845216

I'm almost 4 months into this process with Evernote and have yet to receive a response other than autogetnerated stuff.  I created the shared ticket with the ip address and payment information.  no response.

What is the name of the company that owns evernote now? 

Does anyone have any phone numbers?  All my business tax information in addition to the health information that no one cares about is locked up in this account pointing to an old work email address. 

Beyond desperate here but thankful to still be alive.  Having to pay for additinal medical exams because the results i needed are locked away.  Can't file taxes due to data about my business stored safely in the cloud in evernote.  

I thought my phone was tied to this account.  Cant believe all this time all they had was an email address that of coures could be easily orphaned.  Never imagined ever that they wouldnt have a process to resolve that.  At the moment health and business are pretty much f'd thanks to evernote,

PLEASE GOD SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, EvernoteProblems2 said:

gazumped can you please escalate ticket #3845216

OK - done that.  I'm sorry you're apparently not getting the answers you need.  A company called Bending Spoons are Evernote's new owners and the company is based in Italy now.  Evernote also have an account  here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps which you could try.  Please do stick to one ticket number though,  repeated requests just go through the same long queue before they get attention.

• Like 1

This is terrible.

You might try contacting them on X @fedesimio @bendingspoons

Unfortunately, they do not care enough to answer support requests, so I fear that you may not get help that way.

It's one thing to ignore feature requests and bug reports. It's another to ignore refund issues. And it's an entirely new level of terrible to ignore something like this.

Really hope you get help for this soon!!

• Level 5

We should keep in mind that it is the responsibility of the user to keep his data actual. The email address is a key information, since the password reset is sending a link to that mail address.

Second I have assisted (as others did) in sending support contact data to our fellow user. Support is slow, but not that slow. I think (without knowing) that there is more amiss in this case than just a support not reacting.

I don’t say that the current support service level would be acceptable - in fact it is pretty dreadful. But I ran a bunch of tickets lately, and the reaction time was between 3 days and little more than 10. Not good, but not 4 months …

30 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

We should keep in mind that it is the responsibility of the user to keep his data actual. The email address is a key information, since the password reset is sending a link to that mail address.

Second I have assisted (as others did) in sending support contact data to our fellow user. Support is slow, but not that slow. I think (without knowing) that there is more amiss in this case than just a support not reacting.

I don’t say that the current support service level would be acceptable - in fact it is pretty dreadful. But I ran a bunch of tickets lately, and the reaction time was between 3 days and little more than 10. Not good, but not 4 months …

Yes, it's technically the user's fault. That doesn't make this situation any less heinous. Support not reacting is the issue here, regardless of whether or not there's "more amiss."

A little human compassion wouldn't go amiss here. From Bending Spoons, I mean.

Just curious -- when you say "reaction time," do you mean the time it took to get a canned response, or did you actually hear from a real human? Because it has been literally 3 months since I have received anything other than a boilerplate telling me to come here and bug you level 5s with my issues. Would think you might be getting a little sick of this by now...

• Level 5

Hard to tell these days if you get anything from a human. Most answers read as if a set of predefined phrases were arranged to build an answer. If a company has fallen in love with AI, it would be logical that most first level answers come from an AI. What speaks against it are the long reaction times. 

In at least one case the first answer sounded as if the problem posted was not even read, or better not understood. The subject of that ticket was not really rocket science.

So I insisted in checking it again (in nicely set words short of insulting their AI). I am pretty sure that answer came from a human.

8 hours ago, kkarney said:

Yes, it's technically the user's fault. That doesn't make this situation any less heinous. Support not reacting is the issue here, regardless of whether or not there's "more amiss."

A little human compassion wouldn't go amiss here. From Bending Spoons, I mean.

Just curious -- when you say "reaction time," do you mean the time it took to get a canned response, or did you actually hear from a real human? Because it has been literally 3 months since I have received anything other than a boilerplate telling me to come here and bug you level 5s with my issues. Would think you might be getting a little sick of this by now...

@gazumped

Thanks so much @gazumped for the escalation.  i have another one to escalate at your convenience.  

As a quick update

PRAISE THE LORD I RECEIVED A MESSAGE THIS MORNING

This is the fist message i've ever received in the last 4 months or so from what appears to be a human.  We actually got almost there and then they disappeared again.  FOr referfence, here's the email:

Hello John,

Thanks for your patience.

We confirm that the details you provided match the ones on file with your former Evernote account yyy@yyy.com. Therefore, we'd be pleased to proceed with changing your email address to xxx@XXX.com

However, since this account is already registered as you recently created a different account under this address, we kindly ask you to log in using xxx@xxx.com and change the email address to a different one. This way, the account would be freed up. You may follow the steps highlighted here: Change your account login email address.

Please let us know once you've changed the address so that we can proceed.

We remain at your disposal if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

Evernote Support Team

So then theres always a few problems.  "we remain at your disposal if you need further assistance" yet if you reply to that email it bounces.  I cant find a way to update the original ticket so always have to create a new ticket and reference the original ticket.  

Lastly, while agreed with all that my email should have been correct, i actually thought it was also tied to my phone and had no idea my email was even that particular email.  I was shocked their process basically ends in a NULL POINTER EXCEPTION and would think countless people would have an issue with this especially if they change jobs etc.  I had no idea there was only one way for them to contact me since ever other app i use in 2024 has 2FA and can reset the code via an sms etc.  That said, the pitiful customer service thus far is maybe a clear indicator i shouldnt be surprised.  I've now also filed a tax extension as well but thats a far far far far second to my heart data thats neatly tucked away in the cloud somewhere that, although i have my email and correct \assword, i cant access

We're almost there or so i think.  Not sure how to contact them other than hopefully escalting that new ticket i created this morning immediately when i received their email after changing the email address tied to the new evernote account but it's been 15 hours and no response yet so maybe tomorrow.  

@gazumped i apprecitae your assisstance in upgrading that ticket #3845216 at your convenience.  that does seem to be most helpful!

I've also started backing up all my other cloud services that i pay to store in the cloud because well, i guess this unthinkable thing could happen.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, EvernoteProblems2 said:

i have another one to escalate at your convenience. 

OK - done.  Glad you're getting some contact.

I got my first reply from a human in 3 months yesterday. In my reply back, I mentioned your open tickets. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, or if they're actually starting to ramp up some real support... At any rate, things are looking up!

1 hour ago, kkarney said:

I got my first reply from a human in 3 months yesterday. In my reply back, I mentioned your open tickets. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, or if they're actually starting to ramp up some real support... At any rate, things are looking up!

Thank you so much!  what an absurd situation to be in and im going to have to do a chargeback for the 2nd account they made me purchase as they havent responded at all on the refund in 2 months now (whole process has been almost 4 months).  Praying we're almost there

I messaged the founders and ceo etc of bending spoons as well

@gazumped and anyone else that helped me along the way.  it took almost 4 months and direct messages to the CEO and founders of Bending Spoon, but i finally have my account back.  Unbelievable situation.  Another lesson in life to 1) never trust anybody :) and 2) make sure you know the multiple ways (or only one way) that you can access your account custodianed by someone else (never would have imagined an account of what i understood was a legit enterprise company could have been orphaned so easily and thats my mistake but cost me a ton of time, heartached and grief).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1