Windows 11 app crash - please advise

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

A few weeks ago my evernote would not load the desktop win11 app and since I was in a hurry I opened the web browser and carried on.  When I had time I returned to my beloved desktop app and could not get it to load. It would open and then it would Spin and then it would crash and tell me there was an error and I could close the program and it had an exit code 134. No searches have given me results on what that means.

What I have done so far is to uninstall the program completely, download the newest version, reinstall, log back in, reboot, turn off Evernote when the system started so that it wouldn't crash immediately, reboot again, try and get in, repeat the attempts to open the program and there is no joy - as it attempts to load I can see my notes from mid-December on the homepage, nothing any newer though my web app and my phone / tablet are synced correctly. Screenshot of error message attached. Please advise. 

evernote 134 error.png

I sure didn't! I will try to figure out what that is and where to get it now. Thank you.

Just to be clear you are asking if I installed it with that particular software. Can I install the software then uninstall the current installation of Evernote or should I delete Evernote install Revo then reinstall Evernote then uninstall it having utilized Revo for both? 

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

Just download Revo Uninstaller, use it to uninstall Evernote then reinstall the most up to date version from evernote.com/download

• Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...

just had another go at uninstall install and it seems to have worked, I had to perform it multiple times, restarting pc inbetween, almost like there was more than one version installed

Glad you got it working!  It seems like the conclusion to be drawn from your experience is that one pass with Revo may not be enough.  That could be very useful information to others!

Vinnie

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I would always perform a restart after using the Uninstaller, both on Windows and on MacOS. 

Somewhere I have read that on PCs there is even a difference between a Restart, and a Shutdown followed by a manual Restart, the later being more profound. But I wouldn’t call myself a Windows expert.

• Like 1

yeh, I often hibernate but have found it to cause lots of problems with installs/uninstalls that i didnt forsee, so yes on the same vein perhaps

mandraek, my solution was to do the uninstall process a couple of times, get back in and export everything, and switch to a different program. Notion is working like a dream for me - over a decade of notes, many becoming corrupted over time and with more bugs every year was too nerve-wracking for me. Good luck! 

• Level 5
19 hours ago, mandraek said:

just had another go at uninstall install and it seems to have worked ...

22 minutes ago, redheads55 said:

mandraek, my solution was to ... switch to a different program. 

You don't seem to talk to the fellow user you hint you would be talking to.

He posted his problem is solved, and you just com here to brabble something about switching. Please read at least the threads before you post, to see if your advise is needed any more.

• Thanks 1