NO OPTION TO EXPORT NOTEBOOKS WHEN I RIGHT-CLICK ON IOS DESKTOP

I am trying to download all my notebooks to archive on my hard drive. I follow the instructions from your help menu, but they do not match what I see on my screen. When I right-click selected notebook, it should have an 'export' option in the menu, but that is not the case.

I've been searching for 2 hours in frustration, to no avail. The chat bot is useless for answering the most basic queries. 

I am on ios desktop free version and not an expert user. Just a casual user with 10 years of stuff on this app. I haven't been on here in awhile and it all seems to be different and not as intuitive and user-friendly as I remember. So I want to back it up because I don't see the value anymore and want to secure my work without all these changes that I have to adapt to every time I check in.

I just want to export and backup my entire collection of notebooks to my computer, but it seems that Evernote makes this impossible. 

Screenshots indicate my right-click choices. No export. No pdf - your instructions are incorrect and do not match.

This is a very frustrating experience. This should not take me 2 hours of searching to find correct instructions. 

What am i missing here? Am I blind, or going insane? 

Please advise so I can take my work and move on. 

PS: Your chat bot needs ALOT of training. Useless.

Screen Shot 2024-01-15 at 7.19.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-15 at 7.18.33 AM.png

Ev Screen Shot 2024-01-15 at 7.00.53 AM.png

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Click on the word "Notebooks" in the left panel, then follow the advise in the screenshot.

image.thumb.png.252ebf0093c8a97e0a8cfaf1d6852b23.png

17 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

@pierrebon Just took another look at your screenshots.

You are using the web client, which has NO EXPORT OPTION (except for a single note).

All we described is with the INSTALLED desktop client.

That's not clear in any of the help literature, but ok. Seems an odd design decision, when people do much of their work on a computer, in a browser, and exporting is a basic function.   I will go find the app so I can close this chapter.  Cheers.

• Level 5

That is absolutely clear: You just need to read the documentation.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005557

It doesn't ever mention the web client:

image.thumb.png.7f9ee83f45885b0cd008bcb8320e1cf4.png

And in the remarks it clearly repeats the system requirements:

image.thumb.png.fa9eb4b0b9a76ddc32ea557eb9d72698.png

You can tell EN you want this to be taken to the web client as well. But as of today (and I think for the foreseeable future) exporting more than a single note requires the installed desktop app - as described in the help documentation.

5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

That is absolutely clear: You just need to read the documentation.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005557

It doesn't ever mention the web client:

image.thumb.png.7f9ee83f45885b0cd008bcb8320e1cf4.png

And in the remarks it clearly repeats the system requirements:

image.thumb.png.fa9eb4b0b9a76ddc32ea557eb9d72698.png

You can tell EN you want this to be taken to the web client as well. But as of today (and I think for the foreseeable future) exporting more than a single note requires the installed desktop app - as described in the help documentation.

@PinkElephant hello again. QUESTION. I'm looking to export all of my notebooks and notes... but apparently you can ONLY backup the NOTES... and not the notebooks. At least that's how I'm reading it from the link you provided. It says:

1. Select a notebook or the specific notes that you want to export.
  2. Right-click on selected note(s) and select Export....

Am I missing something? I right-click on my notebook in the left pane (Evernote for Windows Desktop App) and don't have an option for backing up the notebook. In my previous version of Evernote, I had scheduled backups to run of the entire Evernote database. Is this no longer an option too in Evernote 10.xxx???

I can move this to a different thread/post if necessary. Just saw it was related to IOS and I'm having the same issue but with Windows.

• Level 5

Click on the section header, the word „Notebooks“. Now you get a main page listing all notebooks. To the far right are 3 dots, there are the export options.

V10 does not support scripting. There is the Evernote backup project on GitHub you can use for an automatic full backup. It requires some terminal work, well documented.