Clipping Linkedin Profile

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I am trying to clip some profiles on LinkedIn. Apparently EN supports Linkdein. I am using Chrome on Windows 10 Machine and this what I see trying to clip. The content is not present except profile picture. The same repeats in EN app itself.

image.thumb.png.0cce03bce3c876555b6d75ce01e4041a.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you get the name and a picture as a sort of bookmark note,  do you also get a link back to the profile in Linkedin?  If so,  what else were you expecting - given that profiles differ greatly in length and content,  and it is possible to use the other Clipper options to select and add bits of the page for more detail...

• Level 5

@Mishkafofer Not sure what you mean by „EN supports LI“ ? LI belongs to the most valuable company in the world - maybe EN could use some support ?

In fact there is no relation between EN and LI I would be aware of. And obviously LI has a strong interest in not making clipping an easy endeavor.

They want all customers (head hunters, HR professionals, etc.) who want to use users data to pay - and pay dearly. So it might have crossed their mind to make extracting profiles difficult 

6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Not sure what you mean by „EN supports LI“

There is a separate option in the clipper that shows up for LinkedIn when you are on a profile.  (First I knew of it).

• Like 1
On 1/13/2024 at 7:48 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  If you get the name and a picture as a sort of bookmark note,  do you also get a link back to the profile in Linkedin?  If so,  what else were you expecting - given that profiles differ greatly in length and content,  and it is possible to use the other Clipper options to select and add bits of the page for more detail...

I don't know what to expect. If this is a bookmark tool, it looks cumbersome.

• Level 5*
  • Solution
31 minutes ago, Mishkafofer said:

I don't know what to expect. If this is a bookmark tool, it looks cumbersome.

It's not a bookmark tool.  Clipper will give you (more or less) any part of any web page as a permanent record in your data.  In the case of LinkedIn it starts with the profile picture and link.  By using the other options you can add whatever other information you might need from the profile page.