Evernote has a new bug-I only read a note, but the note's updated time is changed to the current time.

Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

Evernote has a new bug-I only read a note, but the note's updated time is changed to the current time. I confirm that I did not perform any operations to edit the note.

By the way, I want to ask if Evernote can add a read-only mode on other platforms. Currently, the read-only mode exists only on iOS and Android apps.

Evernote version:

10.70.2-mac-ddl-public (20240102101123)
Editor: v176.48.1
Service: v1.86.1
© 2019 - 2024 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
38 minutes ago, vegerote said:

Evernote has a new bug

Please search before posting - reported already (many times).  Please contact Support if you're a subscriber - they're still slammed as far as we know,  but reporting issues will indicate how serious the issue is.  (We're mainly other users here...)

• Like 1

Simply contemplating whether any other individual is getting this irritating bug? At the point when you open an old note, Evernote changes the "last altered" timestamp to the present date+time despite the fact that you've just seen the note and not altered anything. It's getting truly disappointing as I like to protect the last altered time so I know when it was last refreshed. Presently notes I have old notes appearing as generally as of late altered at the highest point of my notes stack and there's not method for reestablishing the timestamps! Are there some other Evernote clients are encountering something very similar? I'm most recent variant of Evernote on MacOS.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, sytadx said:

Are there some other Evernote clients are encountering something very similar?

5 hours ago, gazumped said:

reported already (many times)

I'm having the same issue. It's very annoying. Keeping notes in the correct chronological order is important to me and this completely breaks that. Simply viewing the note changes the timestamp to current when the note has not been edited at all.

• Level 5
  • Solution

@vegerote, @sytadx, @Fiercehairdo: there are already multiple threads in existence on this bug. Some recent versions of the Evernote app on some platforms seem to have overcome the issue most of the time, in my experience. If you're still seeing it, report it to support (https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action), and be sure to tell them what version of the app you're using. You won't get much real help from them, but they can at least pass the information along to the developers, so that hopefully it can eventually get fixed.