Data loss in my account

Nick Dallett

Idea

At some point in the last month, an unknown number of notes went missing in my account. I opened a support case immediately when I discovered this, and there's been no response after 2 weeks. I'm a premium customer, and obviously it's unacceptable to have data loss.

I haven't seen anything acknowledged publicly - was there a large scale data loss event, or has anybody else seen problems?

Is there an escalation process I can follow to get action on this?

• Sad 1

4 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

Support is currently very slow. Allowing for the Christmas/New Year break I'm estimating 21 days for responses.

All the users in the forums would agree that the support delays are bad. You can add to an open ticket. Reply to the original auto response although I'm not sure it will get any quicker progress.

Also, Nick, just checking... did you open Evernote in a browser and use the web client to see if your notes are visible that way?  What you see through the web is essentially the "master copy" of your notes.  It's possible that a note that is missing on a local device will still be on the Evernote server and accessible through the web client.

Vinnie

• Like 1
On 1/11/2024 at 4:49 PM, Nick Dallett said:

At some point in the last month, an unknown number of notes went missing in my account. I opened a support case immediately when I discovered this, and there's been no response after 2 weeks. I'm a premium customer, and obviously it's unacceptable to have data loss.

I haven't seen anything acknowledged publicly - was there a large scale data loss event, or has anybody else seen problems?

Is there an escalation process I can follow to get action on this?

I face similar issues at the moment, and their support doesn't care at all.

• Level 5

The claim with similar issues makes no sense. The post you are referring to is from November last year, this means at least another app version.

If you want ideas, please post what happened, plus the necessary information about platform and clients.

When claiming data loss always look it up in the web client. That’s the master copy - data that is there is not lost.