I am already a subscriber to personal plan but have become a student? Can I get access to a Student sub?

Go to solution Solved by VincentC,

Hi all

I am already a subscriber to personal plan but have become a student? Can I get access to a student sub when my renewal come up at end of this month, if so what steps do I need to take?

thanks

Gram

• Level 5

Regularily you can cancel and wait until your subscription ends. Then subscribe again using the discount.

If you don’t want this you need to go through support.

Since your status is only checked on subscribing, you can maybe gain as much at the end as you may loose at the beginning.

2 hours ago, gramfin said:

thanks Jon but how do i renew it or do i stop my personal sub before it renews and take on a student sub?

I'm not 100% sure on the process or if its automatic or not. I would get a support ticket in pretty quickly but don't worry if your subscription lapses as all your notes will still be there. Maybe support will advise to let it expire and start a new one.

• Solution

The document that Jon linked to mentions includes this sentence which implies to me that you could either a) wait until your current plan expires and reverts to free and then update to the student plan or b) transition now with the understanding that Evernote will not refund the unused balance of your existing plan.

How exactly you go about that?  I don't know.  But I think stepping through the process described in the "how do I verify I am a student" section of the document that Jon helpfully linked to would be a good place to start.

Vinnie

image.thumb.png.10e74a69a2f1db00e3f9400b0a7d6277.png