How do I make a backup copy of my Notebooks?

Go to solution Solved by s2sailor,

I'm using Evernote Personal 10.68.3 on a PC and can no longer export the entire content of Notebooks as a single file to store as a security precaution. I used to sign out and then pressed Ctrl/Shift/E to create the file as a  backup when logging back in again. In the current version this no longer works for me. What is the way to create the backup please?

thanks

Michael

• Level 5*
  • Solution
On 1/5/2024 at 9:15 PM, Michael Bradley said:

I'm using Evernote Personal 10.68.3 on a PC and can no longer export the entire content of Notebooks as a single file to store as a security precaution. I used to sign out and then pressed Ctrl/Shift/E to create the file as a  backup when logging back in again. In the current version this no longer works for me. What is the way to create the backup please?

thanks

Michael

Export notebook by notebook.  In the past when selecting all notes to export you would lose the notebook information.  Backing up each notebook individually maintains that.  If you want to export all the notebooks at one time there is some GitHub code, Evernote-backup, that works pretty well.

I tried to back up my Evernote notebook (over 2000 notes).  I am told that I have to back up 100 notes at a time!  How can this be?  Is there a way to back them ALL up in one step?

Thanks for any advice on this...Phil

• Level 5

Choose a notebook in notebook view, select export from the 3 dot menu.

Or choose a notebook, and select export from the 3 dots above the notes list.

The 100 notes limit only applies for individually selected notes.

If on Windows you can use Evernote-Backup and my scripts:

1. Initialize database with

evernote-backup init-db

evernote-backup-sync.bat (run this with task scheduler, keep the batch file in the same directory as evernote-backup.exe

evernote-backup sync -d C:\path\to\en_backup.db
evernote-backup export C:\path\to\\Notebooks -d C:\path\to\en_backup.db --overwrite
ping 127.0.0.1
taskkill /f /im evernote-backup.exe
exit

Once a year it needs to be reauthorized with Evernote:

evernote-backup-reauth.bat

evernote-backup reauth -d C:\path\to\en_backup.db 
pause

Set up a scheduled task similar to this:

image.png.cf2a1e8830f2e15a876cd4f8b627231c.png

image.thumb.png.c4405ea77893112d5e6d8d1755074cb1.png

image.thumb.png.67435b805cf981756abf21a8e29ee062.png

Start in should be the folder evernote-backup.exe is stored in. The arguments should be:

/c C:\path\to\evernote-backup-sync.bat

image.png.88b90ee7f9a4c3bd9f029a9faacc0b3e.png

image.png.745dad7181c70658a72dd239d5250254.png

I have this script run daily and backup my notebooks, then my backup software backs up the notebooks nightly.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5

One by one - there is no group export on the web client.

To export several notes at once, you need the installed client. Or you install something like the Evernote backup project from GitHub.