I think that this was a recent "improvement," but it's now possible to remove an item from shortcuts via a circled X next to the item. There is no confirmation, and it's really easy to accidentally remove an item if you just mean to select it. It wasn't hard to remove an item via a right click on it, so this is causing items to be removed when I don't want them to be.

Would recommend removing this option or at least adding a confirmation before a item is deleted.

• Level 5
On 1/5/2024 at 12:37 PM, blatherbob said:

I think that this was a recent "improvement," but it's now possible to remove an item from shortcuts via a circled X next to the item. There is no confirmation, and it's really easy to accidentally remove an item if you just mean to select it. It wasn't hard to remove an item via a right click on it, so this is causing items to be removed when I don't want them to be.

Would recommend removing this option or at least adding a confirmation before a item is deleted.

I agree it should have a confirmation. But I find that the X is way out at the right end of the item, and I'm never in any danger of clicking it, even if I squeeze the column down as narrow it will go.

• Evernote Expert

Unlikely to change in a few days.  Did you report this as a support ticket?  These forums are user-to-user peer support so there's nothing we can do to change anything and Evernote staff are not around very often at all to see your post.  Sorry.

1 hour ago, blatherbob said:

Still seeing this as of today; doesn't look like it's been changed.

Which version are you on? There has been an X to the far right of the shortcut for some time. The bug was that for shortcuts to notebooks only the X appeared directly after the notebook name and not to the far right. If you have long shortcut names this might continue to be an issue for you as it is not really related to the bug.

Personally I don't find it an issue, as I don't click shortcuts on the far right of the name. I guess developers have to make a call as to whether a confirmation is really necessary or users  would complain about unneccessary confirmations slowing them down. Given that nothing is irretrievable if you accidentally delete a shortcut, I think they made the right call.

See also 

• Like 1