create notes from a table of contents, TOC

It's easy to create a Table of Contents (TOC) once one has some notes to index

Which would be the best way to do the reverse, i.e. create some notes once I already have the index, i.e. the TOC?

Probably the best way would be to create a taccuino (can't find glossary in English) on itself and create notes within it 

SO if I select an item in the TOC can I create a note with that title?

Will such note pertain to the same taccuino (english??)?

thanks

• Evernote Expert
2 minutes ago, stepic7 said:

if I select an item in the TOC can I create a note with that title?

A ToC item links to ash actual note. If you create a ToC item you would have to manually create the associated then edit the ToC to embed the note link.

• Level 5*

Depending on how many items you will have in your ToC notes,  I'd suggest creating a notebook for each item,  then your related notes can be created in that notebook and you'll be able to see a connected list each time you open that notebook.

If you expect to have multiple tables of content,  you could consider creating a Stack instead: so your Business stack will contain notebooks like Employees / Products / Customers and your Hobbies stack could contain Stamps / Photography / Recipes...

The important thing is to start your system.  You'll quickly find out whether or not it will work.  If not - try a different system!

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Depending on how many items you will have in your ToC notes,  I'd suggest creating a notebook for each item,  then your related notes can be created in that notebook and you'll be able to see a connected list each time you open that notebook.

If you expect to have multiple tables of content,  you could consider creating a Stack instead: so your Business stack will contain notebooks like Employees / Products / Customers and your Hobbies stack could contain Stamps / Photography / Recipes...

The important thing is to start your system.  You'll quickly find out whether or not it will work.  If not - try a different system!

thanks

yes this is probably the best solution

however, can the note with the Toc be shared in the notebook with linked items and ALSO in the main notebook?
shared in the meaning that when I change an item in the ToC this is changed in both the main as well as the new notebook

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, stepic7 said:

can the note with the Toc be shared in the notebook with linked items and ALSO in the main notebook?

Depends on how you're changing the note.  Each note is unique - wherever you view it from,  you're seeing the same content.  So changes to the body of the note will always appear no matter how you access it.  If you change the title though,  any link showing the title will display the old version,  while the note will show the new one.  The link is through the note's numerical ID,  not the actual words.

• Level 5

Create as many TOC notes as you wish. One in the notebook, one in another notebook, another to be shared, …

But as said, from the moment of creation each TOC note is on its own. Whatever it can draw from the link to the contained notes themselves (like a change in the title of that note) will reflect in all copies. But if you for example remove a note‘s link from the TOC, it will only be removed in this TOC note, not in all the others.

In every linked noted you will see one entry per TOC (or other link) in the backlinks section. So in the example above, there will be 3 backlinks, all leading to one of the TOC notes.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gazumped said:

Depends on how you're changing the note.  Each note is unique - wherever you view it from,  you're seeing the same content.  So changes to the body of the note will always appear no matter how you access it.  If you change the title though,  any link showing the title will display the old version,  while the note will show the new one.  The link is through the note's numerical ID,  not the actual words.

Thanks

but where do I find the numerical ID of a note?

Can I order notes by their numerical ID's?