Click Tray Icon to Open Evernote Directly Instead of Quick Note?

Evernote has what is, in effect, a "close to system tray" function.  I like that.  What I miss from v6 is a simple, direct way to open Evernote with one click on the system tray.

As it is now, a left lick opens the Quick Note window, which I never use. The Quick Note window does offer an Open Evernote option, with a further click.  Likewise, a left click on the tray icon offers several choices, including Open Evernote. Again, two clicks, not one.

But what I really miss is the ability to Open Evernote 10 with a single click on the tray icon.  Am I missing something? Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi.  So dumb question first - why do you want to open Evernote?  To search your notes?  There's a shortcut for that.  To add a new note?  There's one for that too - see the bottom of the left panel for details.  In my case,  right clicking the icon also gives me an "open Evernote" option...

14 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  So dumb question first - why do you want to open Evernote?  To search your notes?  There's a shortcut for that.  To add a new note?  There's one for that too - see the bottom of the left panel for details.  In my case,  right clicking the icon also gives me an "open Evernote" option...

Thanks, @gazumped. I'm aware of the shortcut options.  I am looking for a one-click on the mouse way of doing it, as that's how I work, and that's how I did it for many years in v 6 and prior versions.  As I recall, v6 gave one options as to the behavior of the tray icon when clicked. Perhaps it's just one more feature lost in transition to v10?

• Level 5

There are actually one or more existing threads on this, with the same point: it used to work, I got used to it that way, I want it back. Not completely unreasonable. But clearly, since it's been requested and discussed for quite awhile, it's not coming back, and one will have to make do with 2 clicks, or other workarounds that have been suggested. Do a forums search to track them down.