The new limits are absurd!!!

It all started this morning with several "issues" trying to get into my account!
Wouldn't accept my email or password! Several times!
And thru the day several issues with my account!
Now tonight I come to learn the new limits on the free accounts! It IS absurd!
A 12 year customer AND referring 100's to EN!
I have stuck with EB even though I have an MS Office acct & One Note!
Are you trying to push people away? Or is it just greed?
The limits are stupid! It can't be the $$ or EN would not still be around! Or are you trying to charge people to pay off YOUR debt!?
And - I don't want to hear - oh 12 years you took for free & you shul have seen it coming! OR - all the other lame issues people can come up with!
A customer of 12 years - does not deserve this! For $10+/mth is insane for the amount of data some of us use or add to it! My whole MS Office is $7/mth & thaat includes all apps of MS Office AND 1TB of cloud storage!
Get off of this limit thing & return it to the way it was! If you need $ that bad - you should have never bought it!!!

• Level 5

We have heard it all, multiple times.You don’t want to hear anything, so I spare you my comment (you could have spared us yours, in exchange).

You are a user, not a customer. This are the new rules. They are meant to allow a test drive - yours is going on since 12 years now.

Should be sufficient to decide about subscribing. Else you need to arrange for your next free test drive - elsewhere.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Rtkepper said:

Are you trying to push people away? Or is it just greed?

Just other users here, but this is my opinion on the matter...

Are [Bending Spoons] trying to push people away? -- Yes. Free users anyway. They want us to pay or leave. Free is really just a trial now.

Or is it just greed? -- It's just business.

I know it comes as quite a shock. Fortunately, you can still access all your old notes and even can repurpose old notes (or add to them) to continue to work until you can migrate to something that fits your needs better. Also fortunate that there are a lot of good ways to export data out of Evernote and into another tool. Make sure the tool you are moving in to has at least as good of Export as Evernote (and that other tools can import it or work with the data). There are a lot of great discussions and insights into this in the forum if you search for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Adiscussion.evernote.com+export

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Sad that so many people are so rude & ignorant! ESP the ones who say they aren't going to respond than proceed to keep typing! DUH!
I've used evernote since 2011 and limiting it in such a way IS nothing but greed! The new owners need to pay off the purchase of it!

Charge people who use it that much? sure! Those who don't? No!

And for all those of you who THINK you know it all (Or me) are oh so wrong! It's actually sad - and you DO DEF NEED to get right!!!
Evernote.... Get a grip on reality! Whoever advised you to do this to evernote - AND you listened...I'm just not sure which of you is worse! Near a bud light thing!

• Confused 1
  • Level 5

EN is a company, not a charity. They had a generous free plan, in my opinion for far too long.

As a subscriber this plan forced me to pay with my subscription money at least 10 Free users, beside my own service. I was never asked by EN or any of these 10 users if I am willing to donate part of my payments for this use. It was just taken off my payments, and in exchange I got less than what I could expect: Less dev hours, less features, longer support waiting, etc. Because my money was deviated for years.

Now, @Rtkepper , as you posted your opinion here, now tell ME why I should go on to pay YOUR free ride ? Not the anonymous company, not Santa Claus. You are one of my 10 Free users, and I demand YOUR answer. You better have more convincing arguments now than in your first attempt.

• Like 3

Go get help!
Narcissists like you need to just go away!
The more you talk - the more you prove your lameness! and TRYING to prove your self worth!
so FYI - it's not working! Done with you!
I'm taking away your effort to get attention!
Demand?? LOLOL you're NOT worth much!!! Let alone my time or words!

• Level 5

@Rtkepper Your second try - oh my ! Please avoid any career in sales or similar, it would be dreadful.

Simple question, again: Why should I agree to pay for YOUR free account ? Because somebody needs to pay, it costs money to operate the servers and keep your data, and I have to adopt at least 10 Free users to keep these fellows going.

You could be one of them, but you need to convince me ! No Free rides any more.

• Like 2
  • Level 5
3 hours ago, Rtkepper said:

Sad that so many people are so rude & ignorant! ESP the ones who say they aren't going to respond than proceed to keep typing! DUH!
I've used evernote since 2011 and limiting it in such a way IS nothing but greed! The new owners need to pay off the purchase of it!

Charge people who use it that much? sure! Those who don't? No!

And for all those of you who THINK you know it all (Or me) are oh so wrong! It's actually sad - and you DO DEF NEED to get right!!!
Evernote.... Get a grip on reality! Whoever advised you to do this to evernote - AND you listened...I'm just not sure which of you is worse! Near a bud light thing!

Sigh. I'm buckling on my anti-troll helmet as I type.... "Greed" is not the same as "paying off the purchase," is it? "Greed" is taking in far more than the value of what you're putting out (such as using a service for free for more than a decade while others cover the cost of what the service provider is giving you); paying off a purchase price is just paying what you owe. Sorry, that last may be a foreign concept.

As for what you THINK you know -- you're not ranting at Evernote here, just other users, most of whom have been covering your free usage for years and are extremely unimpressed at your outrage. To rant at Evernote: feedback@evernote.com.

• Like 5