iPad app improvements?

I hope this is actually a good place for general feedback.

Is improving the iPad app in the pipeline?

UI text is huge, even on the smallest iOS zoom, so notebook titles on the sidebar are unreadable.

There’s no real LIST view (”Small” list makes huge blocks of whitespace)

Can’t even resize table columns.

Context aware tool bars and the user icon flicker like crazy when writing on a keyboard or moving around with a mouse.

Evernote keeps getting more expensive. I’m sure the features you’ve added are nice for some people, but I really think it should deliver on being a comfortable and reliable note taking app before anything else. What’s so good about “AI cleanup” if basic navigation of my notes is a chore.

• Level 5*

We are only fellow users here.  If you want Evernote to see your ideas, using the Send Feedback option in the mobile app would be best.  Also, you might consider not using the reverse color scheme (white text on black background).  It is difficult to read here.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Just a few remarks:

There is no iPad app. There is a mobile app, in the flavors of iOS and Android. The iPad is just a derivative of the iOS app, and this is optimized for the iPhone. We are discussing better iPad support here since quite a while, but up to now EN has refrained from supporting a specific hardware platform with specific features.

For me the most restrictive aspect is to have no support for multi tasking - the iPad app does not allow to be opened twice.

About text sizes: The app is sensitive to the dynamic text size setting in the iPad's settings app. Go to Display & Brightness, Text Size and set a smaller text size. Instead of viewing 5 notes in the side column, you can see 8 of them, all of a sudden. Sure, this setting affects all apps and the iOS GUI as well. But if you set it to large, it is normal that the app will show less content, in favor of a better readability.

You can optimize the view a little, but not much. It's a tablet app, and those often lack some desktop features. You just need to compare the apps provided by Apple !

Table handling has massively improved from the older versions. But again, not every small feature is available on the mobile platform.

No flickering at all for me. It seems there is a problem with the EN app when using the Apple keyboards. I use a 3rd party keyboard with Bluetooth, and I have no issues. Again, EN is not a specific iPad app, and special hardware can create problems.

You can contact EN about your ideas using the feedback function or through a support ticket. Instead of making a brain dump out of it, I would create one ticket or feedback mail per idea. Makes it easier to follow up, for all involved. Feedback will be read, but not be answered.

• Level 5
3 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Hmmm.  My bad.  I'm not seeing this now.

It is in iPad Settings, Display and brightness. Light, Dark or Automatic. The EN app will follow this setting.

For those who want a specific setting in the app itself, there is a "Dark Mode" tab in the app settings. You can set it to follow the device, or to always switch light / dark for the EN app.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

It is in iPad Settings, Display and brightness. Light, Dark or Automatic. The EN app will follow this setting.

I was on the Mac when I noticed the reverse text.  I came back later and didn't see it.  Nothing that I (knowingly) did.  One of the mysteries of life.