(ENSyncEngineErrorDomain error -1003.)

• Evernote Expert

Or the software was never going to be able to be supported by the latest OS updates. The old software was announced as unsupported over three years ago so, on this occasion, I think it is just one of those things that has been expected since 2020. It just took a long time coming.

• Like 1

That seems to be the case: However I remain perplexed by the concept that "progress" always requires legacy software to become inoperable more likely it is a choice as is the decision to rename product lines and increase annual charges from £44.99 to £79.99 GBP say a 56% uplift

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Malcolm Rowe said:

more likely it is a choice as is the decision to rename product lines and increase annual charges

Incorrect.  In the same way that TVs no longer use Cathode Ray Tubes but screens run on a variety of electronic light emitter systems,  the underlying code for applications only runs on up to date operating systems.  It's already been pointed out that your issue may be with your OS no longer supporting the old Evernote code,  rather than any action on the company's part.  Evernote has to stay up to date with browsers and operating systems.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Modern software is build from blocks, like a Lego building. Many blocks need a matching counterpart, either within of the software, or in the OS. These relationships are called dependencies. 

The blocks in deprecated software won’t update any more. If now a counterpart in the OS is exchanged, the dependency fails. What happens and which effects show is often hard to tell. There are chains of dependencies, that can fail in the 3rd or 4th level.

That‘s the reason why deprecated software will eventually fail - no conspiracy theory needed.

BTW Apple is more strict in killing old blocks from their OS. Microsoft refrains from it - one of the reasons why Windows is the most used entry port for malicious code and ransomware.

Asking to keep deprecated apps alive is asking for security gaps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 1/5/2024 at 7:20 AM, Lit said:

Can you help fix this? I'm having the same issue, I really hope this can be fixed

Same version?  Same answer.

• Like 1
On 1/8/2024 at 11:44 PM, gazumped said:

Same version?  Same answer.

Different version same answer  

My iOS Evernote v8.3.356604

(happened in 12/29/2023)

• Level 5

Nobody can fix being on outdated software.

It is deprecated since long, and now it simply doesn’t mate and connect with the server any more.

For iOS you need a device with at least iOS 13 (we are 4 years ahead of this, iOS 17). Then install v10 from the AppStore, and you are back.

iOS 13 runs on devices that were sold in 2014 (iPad Air 2) and 2015 (iPhone 6S).