Screen layout on Evernote for Android

Go to solution Solved by ferol,

I have Evernote 10.62.0 on my Amazon Fire tablet.  I can't see any way to modify the screen layout.

When I have Evernote open, it shows a row of icons down the left side of the screen.  To the right of that is a list of note titles.  On the right side of the screen is the currently open note.

Multiple columns would be fine on my desktop system, where I have two 27-inch monitors in landscape orientation.  But on my 8-inch tablet (in Portrait orientation), the icons and the note titles take up too much space, and that leaves only about 2 inches to display the note.  With my poor eyesight (and thus very large font size), that leaves a maximum of 20-25 characters for the note width.

Isn't there any way to display the notes in full-screen mode?

See attached screenshot:

Kindle Screenshot.png

• Solution
56 minutes ago, John McGrath said:

I have Evernote 10.62.0 on my Amazon Fire tablet.  I can't see any way to modify the screen layout.

When I have Evernote open, it shows a row of icons down the left side of the screen.  To the right of that is a list of note titles.  On the right side of the screen is the currently open note.

Multiple columns would be fine on my desktop system, where I have two 27-inch monitors in landscape orientation.  But on my 8-inch tablet (in Portrait orientation), the icons and the note titles take up too much space, and that leaves only about 2 inches to display the note.  With my poor eyesight (and thus very large font size), that leaves a maximum of 20-25 characters for the note width.

Isn't there any way to display the notes in full-screen mode?

See attached screenshot:

Kindle Screenshot.png

Screenshot_20231218_050148.jpg

• Like 1
  • Level 5

But that is not the layout of the Android app, now or ever. It looks more like an earlier version of the Web app. Curiously, someone supposedly using the current Evernote Android app on a Boox Note device showed a somewhat similar bar down the left side, though the issue he had was different. If interested take a look at this and the following posts in a thread on the Android forum; I'm really curious what is going on there.

• Evernote Expert
54 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

that is not the layout of the Android app, now or ever. It looks more like an earlier version of the Web app

Actually, on my tablet this is exactly how the Android app looks - but never on my phone 🤫

• Level 5
11 hours ago, agsteele said:

Actually, on my tablet this is exactly how the Android app looks - but never on my phone 🤫

Ha! I've only ever seen it on a phone. Apologies. That strikes me as odd to have two such completely different configurations for the same app, which I guess it chooses automatically based on the device.