Price increase is insane

I'm currently paying 69.99 per year and you want to increase my plan to 129.99. That's crazy.

I wasn't planning to but I guess I'll have to spend some of my Christmas vacation evaluating alternatives. I don't upload much data and primarily use it for text notes and to make links to other documents or sites. Don't think this will be too much of a challenge. I'm all for supporting indy developers but with this price increase I have to question how many clients like myself are just shocked by this increase and decide to leave.

• Level 5

Quite simple: Either you get enough specific value from your use of EN to stay, or you will have to find a new tool for your content.

The new owners take EN to a level where simple use cases that don't need most of the advanced functions simply make no sense any more. You can use a Porsche to go to the drive-through and pick up 2 Happy Meals for the kids - but if this is all you do with your car, you probably won't buy a Porsche to do the job.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
On 12/17/2023 at 6:24 PM, Marka2000 said:

I'm currently paying 69.99 per year and you want to increase my plan to 129.99. That's crazy.

I wasn't planning to but I guess I'll have to spend some of my Christmas vacation evaluating alternatives. I don't upload much data and primarily use it for text notes and to make links to other documents or sites. Don't think this will be too much of a challenge. I'm all for supporting indy developers but with this price increase I have to question how many clients like myself are just shocked by this increase and decide to leave.

No need to double post. In fact, a need not to. As you may have noticed at this point, the "you" you want to address are not here, only other users.

• Like 2

This is a meta comment -- but I don't think Bending Spoons (or the team before) count as an indie developers since they have received outside investment and are a fairly large-ish company to boot... so you can feel a little better knowing you aren't not supporting indie developers in this case. 😉

Plenty of clients are leaving I'm sure, but my guess would be that more are staying than leaving leading to increased revenue (and of course none of us fellow users here have anyway to know that at all!)

• Like 1

Basic subscription price is too costly.  I exported my notes to apple notes and while not all the functionality does not transfer (e.g., images, linked .pdfs, etc), I'm deleting my account after many years of enjoying Evernote.  I would have considered a basic plan of around half of the new price.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, jdHoover said:

I would have considered a basic plan of around half of the new price.

Maybe you would have but they tried this for several years as the Plus plan and they eventually ended the option.  Maybe not enough takers, or too many dropped from the higher plan to the lower plan reducing revenue.  Personally, I think a low price, minimal option plan would do better today, but they have decided, at this time anyway, not to have one.

• Like 2