Unlimited notes/notebooks?

I wondered something similar a little while ago with the "unlimited notes and notebooks" wording on the popup upgrade advertising: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/148407-changes-to-the-free-tier-please-bs-add-a-basic-tier/?do=findComment&comment=704758

Which way will it be fixed -- to 100,000 or to Unlimited? I must admit that "unlimited notes" is more catchy-sounding than "100,000 notes" (and one could argue that "unlimited" is just marketing-speak -- a "read the fine print" kind of a thing).

I've seen calls for Evernote to allow more than 100,000 notes in the forums. Perhaps Bending Spoons would introduce increased subscription amounts for certain levels of storage or number of notes that exceeded a certain value?

Certainly a user that is storing 1 TB of data in Evernote is costing Bending Spoons more money than somebody using 5 GB of data, yet those two people might be paying the same Personal rate. The granularity of that kind of management might not be worth the overhead though. Dunno -- only Bending Spoons can see that.

• Level 5

Splitting hair is still splitting hair, even if the search function still finds „unlimited“ statements in the „unlimited“ web.

I don’t think this makes any sense. Given the plentitude of data caches on the web, it will likely be possible to fetch „unlimited“ finds even when the original page was long ago corrected.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I still think that struggling over words („unlimited“ vs. „onehundredthousand“) is fairly described with the connotation „splitting hair“.

But I‘m not an advocate nor a language scientist, which both professions would probably be able to write a doctors thesis about it.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I remember reading of some indigenous people who had their own way of enumbering things. Everything above 20 is numbered as „many“ or „plenty“.

Our snake oil vendors took it a step further, calling this group of countable objects „unlimited“. Maybe they had a long workshop session, and got a bit taken away from too much caffeine.

• Haha 1