Evernote is so sluggish I can't even use it right now! Is there a fix coming?

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I'm using Evernote on my Mac Studio and it's become suddenly so sluggish with the last update, it's almost unusable. We're talking 2 seconds of lag between loading cards, clicking from notebook to notebook requires multiple seconds. It's like using the app through a terminal window on an old modem. It's absolutely awful. I've restarted the app multiple times, I've rebooted my Mac Studio, and it's a very capable machine that up until recently ran Evernote smoothly.

Evernote support appears to be non-existent as their only support options are for account management and billing, which is insane they don't offer an option for the PRODUCT.

I've been an Evernote customer for 14 years but am wondering what I'm paying for if I can't get actual help when their product works poorly.

10.67.4-mac-ddl-public (20231204112355)
Editor: v176.32.0
Service: v1.80.3

image.png.84a1f439156ba6c2b576c524125493e0.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
  • Solution

You might benefit from a clean reinstall...

1 - Exit Evernote (if you can) / delete data from device
2 - Uninstall app with Appcleaner (Mac) or Revo Uninstaller Free (Win)
3 - Power device off / allow 10 seconds / power back on
4 - Download latest Evernote from Evernote.com
5 - Reinstall. It will take a little while for the app to be fully operational

Also:  Verify Evernote's Hardware Acceleration is set to ON - go to Tools > Settings > Preferences > Application and scroll to the bottom. The "hardware acceleration disabled" box should be UNticked, but if you're having issues change that setting and restart the device. (Come back and change it again if that doesn't help!)

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
47 minutes ago, ksrhee2415 said:

Interesting.  In the latest Mac version, this option (hardware acceleration) is not seen at all.  10.68.3

Good spot - same in Windows 10.68.3;  there are different options here now including device disconnection!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1