Evernote-Latest (v. 10.67.4.2019) doesn't work on my Windows computer

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

I use the free version because I don't need the performances offered by the paid options.

As Evernote updates itself, with the lastest version installed in my laptop (Lenovo Yoga 520 with Windows 10 Home) the app just doesn't work. It appears the following message (in Spanish):

"An error has occurred on our part, we are sorry. Try restarting Evernote. Exit code: -1073741819"

It doesn't matter if you try to restore or exit or reinstall the program. The result is always the same.

Any clues or solution?

Thanks in advance

Evernote starting error (v. 10.67.4.2019).jpg

• Bolitronchi changed the title to Evernote-Latest (v. 10.67.4.2019) doesn't work on my Windows computer

I had to follow several steps to get to the solution proposed by agsteele:

1) As I previously have unistalled Evernote, Revo Uninstaller didn't find anything. So I had to reinstall Evernote (and check that the problem was still there).

2) I used the free version of Revo Unisntaller to completely uninstall and clear any reminds of Evernote on my laptop

3) I reinstalled the latest version and it works now properly.

Thanks for the support!!

• Like 1

I had this error too. "An error has occurred on our part, we are sorry. Try restarting Evernote. Exit code: -1073741819".

Uninstalling and reinstalling did not fix the issue. The tip to use Revo Uninstaller resolved the problem for me too. In the registry cleanup I only deleted the keys that explicitly mentioned Evernote. I wasn't game enough to use "delete all" :)

Same issue after newest update Windows 10. The Revo Uninstaller tipp solved the problem 🙂

Still it would be interesting to find the real cuase of the issue. There are many mentions on the net in relation to this issue. Many speak about settings for "sound" or "energy settings". Quite confusing.

Edited by vdrewes
New material