The AI Magic function is not working lately.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Is the button greyed out?

Why is the AI Cleanup button greyed out while in a note? - This means that the note is not compatible with AI Note Cleanup because it is either too short (under 100 characters) or too long (over 6k characters). It could also mean you are currently offline, as AI Note Cleanup can only work with an active internet connection.

More here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/16280830963091

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Same question,  same suggestion.

No, it's not grayed out. I got a “Note changed during AI Cleanup. Please try again”. I've tried restarting, copy and pasting text in new note, but still get the same message.

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 8.18.58 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  Best work-around I can suggest is to use another AI service and ask it to "rephrase shorter" or "rephrase in less than x words".  Other than maybe having that note open on another device and RTE syncs causing an issue,  I can't imagine how the note might be changed.  I would say contact Support - but they have long wait times at present...

• Evernote Expert

This is reported from time to time.  The AI processes are all described as beta releases. As such it is possible that different situations may cause the feature to fail. Please report it via a ticket if you are able to assist improvement to the Beta products.

The nature of Beta products is that, sometimes, they fail. The developers need reports and feedback to ensure that they know what the real world experience is.

image.png.18fb6692c2669bf2e014538630385c4d.png

How do you report this beta issue @agsteele ? The help topic suggests there’s a ‘send feedback’ feature but I don’t see it (I get the same red bar and error message as above). Have DM’d Evernotehelp on Twitter/X but heard nothing. It’s finally started working again on web so at least that’s something. AI Cleanup is a really helpful feature. 

Thanks @agsteele. I got the super basic:

"We’re sorry to hear about what occurred and have passed it on to our developers for further investigation.

Rest assured that it will be our utmost care to get back to you as soon as we receive feedback on it. We appreciate your patience and understanding very much."

I've had this before and never heard from them again so I don't hold out much hope. 

• Evernote Expert

With a beta issue you're unlikely to hear anything unless they need further information.  It will be sent to the developers working on that service and they'll, hopefully, take it on board.