Error Message when trying to authorize Evernote to access my gmail account. Any fix? Using Evernote 10.67.4 Windows

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5
1 minute ago, mi_cha said:

I'm getting the same error message.

Unable to use Evernote Gmail add-on.

What version of Evernote are you on? The current is 10.70.2. If that's up to date, then the suggestions in the previous post are probably your best options.

Evernote Pro account
Desktop Win app v. 10.70.2 (Win 11)
Chrome v. 120.0.6099.200 64 bits

Everything updated to the last version.

Problem: Evernote account authentication in Gmail add-on fails
Since: about 1 week
Error message: <Error handling callback: token mismatch (line 269, file "Main")>

Does Gmail add-on have access to my account? Yes, I've checked my Evernote account dasboard several times.

What have already been done: uninstall add-on> reinstall add-on> revoke access> authorize access

I'll open a ticket, but I see that Evernote support is quite slow these days ;(

I hope the add-on is functional again soon, it is critical to my workflow.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

• Like 1

Hi,

I have opened a support ticket and Evernote said they will get in touch once they figure out what happened.

I will let you know.

Other Gmail add-ons are working fine.

• Like 1

Just to let you know: 1 week gone and all I've got from Evernote was an automatic reply to my support ticket.

Still no solution.

Evernote Gmail add-on is still broken.

• Level 5

We know that EN support is notoriously slow since mid of last year. It seems they are catching up at the moment, but 1 week is probably still not in reach.

Which sucks, no doubt. But unfortunately there is no alternative for some issues.

From my experience with other SaaS support, one week is quite a long time for a paid service (my case, since I have a premium subscription).

Anyway, in the present situation, what else but wait?

• 4 weeks later...

I realise that we paying users shouldn't have any expectations of Evernote support, because they're working hard to develop Evernote, they're very busy with the new UI, etc. 

I'd just like to warn other users, or potential users, that the usual advice: "there's no point posting on the forum, they don't read it, open a support ticket instead" won't bring a solution either.

I've had my workflow broken for weeks by an error in the gmail add-on and all I've received from support is a reply saying sorry.

Here is a user who has paid for Evernote's most expensive plan since 2009, with thousands of notes, and who has experienced several bad decisions by this company at different stages and who, despite the self-inflicted sabotage of its developers, has stuck with it.

So, my dear colleagues, think twice before building a workflow that is highly dependent on Evernote. We are at our own risk.

Take care and stay well.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Any progress on your request mi_cha?  I'm having the same/a similar issue.  Every time I try to reconnect my EN with gmail so I can clip emails I get:

"Missing required oauth parameter "oauth_token"" 

This has been ongoing for a while.  Thankfully my need isn't near as pressing as yours.

• Like 1

Hi, @BuzzKill

No, no answer from BS. They clearly have other priorities than existing paying customers.

The issue persists.

My colleagues and I are migrating our workflow to a set of other tools. Emails (now saved as pdf) and all other pdfs are no longer saved in Evernote, and we are exporting existing attachments to a cloud service. We hope to be able to leave Evernote completely by Jan25.

After the new developments (?!) that are clearly downgrading the mobile experience (we do more than creating shopping lists on the go), we finally got the message that the new owners have other plans for Evernote and we just don't fit anymore.

I wish you luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, Came here just trying for first time (didn't paid yet anything) and I had this same issue.

Indeed, for my workflow the Gmail addon was a must. It was one of the reasons I was choosing Evernote.

Quite disappointing.

I'm reading something about changing owners and change of direction? When that happen and what is their vision for Evernote now?

And more interestingly, @mi_cha, what solution(s) are you adopting now, if I may ask?

WORKAROUND!!!

I found a workaround. It does show it is a bit "*****"... Hopefully they will fix it asap...

When clicking on the "Authorize" button on the Evernote for Gmail addon within Gmail, a pop-up window opens to do the actual authorization. During a very brief moment (matter of couple of seconds), the addon itself (on the right of Gmail, not the new pop-up window) is still in mode "waiting"/"thinking" (you see some dynamic action on the frame). After a while, that "dynamic" action stops and the addon is in a more static state.

If you click the Authorize button on the pop-up window once the addon (on the right of GMail) has stopped, then you have the error: Token Mismatch (I guess the dynamic frame is kinda showing some timeout that, once passed (hence the dynamic action stops), the Evernote addon cancels the token on its side).

Well, if you are able to be the fastest "clicker" in the old wild western of internet... and click on Authorize (on the po-up window) before that dynamic action on the add-on frame stops, the authorization seems to be succesful. At least it worked on my side.

Now, once linked, you can do stuff on the add-on, but I am noticing that the add-on is PAINFULLY slow... 😞

So again, @mi_cha, what will be your replacement apps/workflow? Really interested. Thanks!