Web Clipper for Firefox breaking on-screen fonts on some sites

I have Evernote Web Clipper installed in Firefox.  Everything is updated to the latest version.  When I go to some sites, such as Medium.com, the main text font while browsing the site and reading articles shows up as light-gray on white and it's difficult to read. The font is also smaller, and changed from a serif font to sans serif. If I disable Web Clipper the font goes back to normal and is black or very-dark-gray on white.  What's going on, and how can I fix this?

Thanks.

gray_example.jpg

normal.jpg

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's a minor miracle that Clipper can raid other websites for content at all.  Accurately replicating the layout may not be possible on some.  Maybe try a screen shot or a different app like Nimbus?

• Level 5

EN has only a small selection of fonts, and these will be applied to make content look and feel more unified.

They will try to guess which font is most similar - and these guesses can be wrong, given the sheer number of fonts in use.

If you want to edit a web clip, simplify it first, and then apply one of the (few) available fonts. Same with font color - it will be set based on general rules. If a website brings its own color palette along, the colors replacing them can be off.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I wasn't clear: I am not talking about the font in clippings.  I get that this would be complex.  I am saying that just installing the add-on breaks how some websites look while I am browsing and looking at them onscreen. Not using the add-on to take a clip, just ignoring that it is there and trying to use Firefox... This is a bug in my opinion.

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, frankG111 said:

Maybe I wasn't clear: I am not talking about the font in clippings.  I get that this would be complex.  I am saying that just installing the add-on breaks how some websites look while I am browsing and looking at them onscreen. Not using the add-on to take a clip, just ignoring that it is there and trying to use Firefox... This is a bug in my opinion.

Report it back to Evernote then,  with the URLs of affected sites.

• Evernote Expert

@frankG111 I'm sorry that you have this experience but that is not what I see. I use Firefox exclusively and the Evernote web clipper doesn't have the effect you describe.

You might do well to disable all add-ons in Firefox except the web clipper, restart the browser then check that the issue is still present.

If it is then submit a support ticket.

If it turns out to have gone away, then restart each add-on until the problem returns. Now disable the web clipper. If the issue resolved then that's probably an indication of a conflict between the web clipper and the other problem add-on. If the issue remains then it isn't the Evernote web clipper but the other problem add-on.

HTH