Note attachments won't load in Evernote Web (but can be seen in snippets)(PDFs nor Images) - Evernote support hasn't replied in weeks.

Ticket# 3778963 - Images won’t load on EN Web

Evernote Support Team (Evernote Help and Learning)

Nov 8, 2023, 01:04 PST

Hello Peter,

Thanks for reaching out and for flagging up this issue.

We're sorry to hear about the inconvenience you've been facing and we'd be pleased to help you out. Before proceeding with further investigations, we suggest carrying out the following steps, as they'll help us better isolate the issue and rule out any of the following root causes (if you have already followed them, feel free to give them another try):

• Restart your device. A simple restart can fix some errors.
  • Sign out and sign back into your Evernote account.
  • Make sure you’re using a strong Internet connection, possibly switching to a different one.
  • Make sure your browser is updated to its very latest version. You may check this out from within your browser’s settings.
  • Relaunch your current browser.
  • Clear your browser’s cache. Instructions may vary according to the browser. You may find the different steps at this link.
  • If the issue persists after restarting the browser, switch to a different one.

Should you still be facing the same after performing the above steps, please don't hesitate to get back to us, possibly including a screenshot or a screen recording of it.

We remain at your disposal in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Evernote Support Team

Help & Learning | YouTube | Forums

Peter Iain MacNeil

Nov 7, 2023, 07:21 PST

The Images I have in my notes will not load or download in Evernote Web. The exist in the card or snippet view but only show a placeholder icon in the notes. When I select download I get an error. When I refresh it doesn’t help. I cannot include the activity log from my work computer.

Windows 10 version 22H2
Chrome Version 119.0.6045.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Images as attachments: "image could not be rendered properly"
  • try to save attachment: "Failed to save file"
  • Images and pdf previews load/are loaded in the snippets and card views, but not when you go to the note.
  • It doesn't matter if the image was uploaded through Evernote mobile app, desktop app, through a third party (Rocketbook) or emailed. The results are the same.
  • All pdfs state have the placeholder in the note but where the pdf would normally be displayed/previewed, it states, "Couldn't display this pdf file"

On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 4:02 AM Evernote Support <support-webform@evernote.com> wrote:

primary.svg

Hi there, 

Evernote Customer Support here!

We are currently restructuring the Evernote Customer Support department to ensure we can deliver a better service to you and all our customers. Some delay in response time is expected. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Although you can be sure that our team is actively working to catch up and provide all users with the assistance they need as soon as possible, we would also like to invite you to take a look at the resources available on our Help & Learning. We hope that you find useful information there! 

If you still have doubts after following the instructions and suggestions available there and if you still need support, please reply to this email making sure to include the following information: 

• As many details as possible regarding your request and experience
  • All the steps that you took to resolve your doubts or issues after referring to the Help & Learning resources.

Without a significant level of detail, we won’t be able to process your request quickly.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation very much!

Kind regards,

Evernote Customer Support

• Level 5*

Hi.  Thanks for sharing your conversation to date.  Since Support deal with a wide range of users with "variable" internet skills,  it makes a great deal of sense to ensure new requests go through the basic fixes first.  They also apologised for the current slow service.  If you're responding with "tried all that,  still not working" they'll presumably come back with more.

For the moment I'm not having any issues with attachments (that I'm aware of) which suggests that internet speeds or local malware protections could be what ails you.  I would have suggested trying the installed version too,  but if you keep on talking to Support I'm sure they'll get to it...

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Thanks for sharing your conversation to date.  Since Support deal with a wide range of users with "variable" internet skills,  it makes a great deal of sense to ensure new requests go through the basic fixes first.  They also apologised for the current slow service.  If you're responding with "tried all that,  still not working" they'll presumably come back with more.

For the moment I'm not having any issues with attachments (that I'm aware of) which suggests that internet speeds or local malware protections could be what ails you.  I would have suggested trying the installed version too,  but if you keep on talking to Support I'm sure they'll get to it...

When you say you aren’t having any issues, can you confirm for me that you mean in Evernote WEB not a desktop or mobile application? 
Thanks. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, macneilpi said:

When you say you aren’t having any issues, can you confirm for me

- exactly what issues you're having?

I can see and download / open attachments just fine from Evernote Web - with the installed apps they open directly into an application like Word or Adobe,  but in web or mobile,  since you see a 'pointer' not an actual file,  you need to download first.  That's not a change AFAIR,  and it's all working for me.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
On 11/30/2023 at 5:15 PM, SyberMachine said:

Why are my images in evernote showing up like this?  Please fix this BUG!

image.png.0a74f305058a3340cc8712e942978cc0.png

Welcome to the forums. They are almost entirely user-to-user, and even if we were tech support we couldn't fix anything based on 0 information. Folks here like to help, but need details.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also facing the issue in Desktop, IosApp and web.
Images won't load up.
I am have downloaded the latest version in my iphone and mac M1 machine doesn't work.
I have restarted multiple times, logout login , doesn't help.
I have exported the file and saw the image is correctly referenced in file as 
<en-media width="54px" hash="a9ee4bfdfb912c9fcb232c22242f89ad" type="image/png" />

It must be some server image sync issue, Can you help ?

• Level 5

Nobody here can help on server side issues (if they are). Just for the record, I have no issue with attachments not showing. When I first open a fresh note on a new device, it may be they won't show for some seconds. But that's obviously the download. 

On installed clients it's only for the first time. On the web it's obviously possible to be repetitive, since it doesn't store content locally.

But not showing permanently doesn't happen.

They are pretty inundated, so I am reluctant to propose this: To have somebody see after your issue, you need to contact support.

• Like 2