Scanning Business Card doesn't work (10.60.1) - App freezes

Hi Team,

are you able to use this function? I'm able to scan almost everything, works fine, automatic snapping etc.

But if I try to scan a business card it won't detect it as a business card and if I have taken a scan (e. g. document b/w) and then change the type to "business card" (still in Evernote's camera mode) the App freezes immediately.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Thanks for the heads up. I rarely use this function, and there are now 2 reasons why:

First the camera function build into the app is really bad for everything smaller than a full paged document. The reason is that on iPhone 14 and 15, due to the improved camera the app needs to use a new SDK for taking fotos. It is known that by using the old SDK, the camera will only take blurry pictures when closing in. Most apps have corrected this in the meantime. EN hasn’t, which means that when I get closer to the BC, it becomes blurry. The maximum size I can shoot is having the BC at appr. 1/10th of the screen size. This is not enough to have it detected as BC by the algorithm.

Second when I now choose the BC option from the picture types menu, the app freezes and needs to be closed.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

It would work just fine - if they switched to the proper SDK. Scanner Pro for example does. It is very nice to scan using the Tele lens, because you avoid to cast a shadow on the page with the phone used to scan. And you can get really close, even close enough to kick in the Macro mode.

All this is missing in case of the EN scanner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

The feature is not broken per se. When I use my iPhone 11, everything works. The problem is that starting with the iPhone 14, Apple made changes to the camera, and devs need to integrate a new SDK. EN obviously hasn’t done this, and that’s what currently breaks all camera use that requires a closeup shot.

Same problem, freezes up and doesn't work. (Also the images are blurry and not that good any more) - Using iPhone 14 Pro; its becoming quite an issue scanning business cards and receipts

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 12/11/2023 at 12:41 PM, PinkElephant said:

starting with the iPhone 14, Apple made changes to the camera, and devs need to integrate a new SDK. EN obviously hasn’t done this, and that’s what currently breaks all camera use that requires a closeup shot.

I was a frequent user of the business card scan feature. I started having issues withe this feature in October 2023. I reported the issues with screenshots and clear explanation of the issues. I check weekly to see if any updates. As of yet (01-03-2024), haven't seen any changes.

Please let me know if you're still having the same issue.

Same problems - iPhone 15 pro doesn't auto focus for business cards. If you take photo from a distance and crop, it should work, but then editing the business card fields freezes the app. Super annoying and disappointing. EN get your act together and update the SDK. This used to work perfectly, create a contact automatically, etc. Now I can't even take a photo of a business card.