forwarding a note to an email - does not remember my email address

When I have something that needs to be handled after scanning, I send it to myself as an email because generally I need to forward it to someone else and will be handling it in an email thread that I need to keep track of.  I always have to type my entire email address in the evernote forward dialog (altough other, similar ones pop up, mine never does.)  When I click out of the text input, I changes my email address to my name, so it obviously recognizes the email address.

Thanks in advance

• Level 5

On which device ?

On iOS (I think it’s the same on Android) you need to allow access to contacts in iOS settings for the app.

Then with every character you type you get a shortening list of all contacts that match your string. It can be in the middle of the mail address - if there is something specific to your address, you find it fast by just typing this part.

Not sure what the "contacts roll" is.  I don't use windows for my emails, I use Gmail.  AFAIK, windows knows nothing about my contacts. 

Somehow evernote recognizes my email address as mine because when I do complete it and click off of the text box, it fills it in with my full name

• Evernote Expert
41 minutes ago, Jordan Thompson said:

This is the evernote dialog that pops up.  It has nothing to do with the email provider.

Thanks for the clarification. My reading of your first post took me a different route.

Sorry.

• Level 5*

I'd suggest you use a text-expander to link your email address to a keypress.  Maybe also report this issue to Support to see if they might eventually have any other suggestions...  I don't know why this is happening and I can't see Evernote doing much to change it this year,  even if they can.

I reported it to them years ago (when the current version was initially released.)  I just have dealt with it, but I had a few emails to generate and it irritated me enough to post.  Apparently I am the only user with this combination of windows, gmail, and evernote having this problem and irritated enough to say something.  I'll just add it to the rest of evernote's shortcomings.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Jordan Thompson said:

I reported it to them years ago

You reported to the old bunch - there's new corporate team in town and I bet they're totally unaware of this particular glitch so along with the rest of Evernote's unreported shortcomings,  it'll never get looked at...  It may not make any difference,  but report it again - someone will look at it eventually...

44 minutes ago, gazumped said:

You reported to the old bunch - there's new corporate team in town and I bet they're totally unaware of this particular glitch so along with the rest of Evernote's unreported shortcomings,  it'll never get looked at...  It may not make any difference,  but report it again - someone will look at it eventually...

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have opened up a trouble ticket for this as well as another one for missing data (again.)

• Like 1