Copy-Pasting png files crash

Running on an "Evernote 10.64.5" Windows 64 see below:

image.png.7cf2c8ceddc30805dfbe38de8de618bb.png

I have been an EN user for >10 years and I am seriously considering moving out given the issues and crashes keep coming up!

I am trying to copy and paste images from one note to the other and these errors keep appearing. I have tried in other Windows PC and is the same error. This used to work either by Ctrl+C followed by Ctrl+V or either dragging the image from one note to the other.

image.png.4b4915863e66c9990857cd9b715509a6.png

I don't have the luxury of having errors like this when trying to run a business. This is unacceptable and unless there is a fix in the next 24h I am out.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Raxet said:

This is unacceptable and unless there is a fix in the next 24h I am out.

I'm not sure that Evernote can 'fix' anything,  since Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V pasting works well for me.  I'm on 10.64.5 however - unless someone else can replicate your situation I'd recommend reporting this to Support (which is not us - mainly other users here).  They can't begin to fix what they don't know about...

• Level 5

I haven't tried this specific process (copying and pasting images from note to note), but I do sometimes see the "image.png" and other placeholders in notes with attached images. Usually moving to another note, or anywhere else in Evernote, then coming back results in the image being present--shouldn't be necessary, but this sort of thing has been reported multiple times and hopefully they're working on a fix. The other workaround is to save the image from the original note to your desktop, downloads folder, or someplace, then attach it fresh to the new note, which is obviously slightly more time consuming.

• Evernote Expert

@Raxet I just double checked.  On my test notes with images AND text I can copy and then paste either just an image or an image plus the associated text from one note to another with Ctrl+C/V

Currently v10.65.2  No crashes or freezes when attempting the copy and paste.

In the past copying and pasting issues were able to be resolved by dragging to the desktop and then further dragging into a new note.  But that's not necessary, for me, in the current versions.

This is clearly an issue for you but not for everyone.  Have you tried a clean rebuild of your app and data?  I can't say that would work but it would be a quicker process than submitting a support ticket which is likely to be the only other route.

Uninstall using Revo Uninstaller to get rid of any broken installation files.  Reinstall the current version and log in.  Your data will be rebuilt from the master copies in the cloud.

35 minutes ago, agsteele said:

@Raxet I just double checked.  On my test notes with images AND text I can copy and then paste either just an image or an image plus the associated text from one note to another with Ctrl+C/V

Currently v10.65.2  No crashes or freezes when attempting the copy and paste.

In the past copying and pasting issues were able to be resolved by dragging to the desktop and then further dragging into a new note.  But that's not necessary, for me, in the current versions.

This is clearly an issue for you but not for everyone.  Have you tried a clean rebuild of your app and data?  I can't say that would work but it would be a quicker process than submitting a support ticket which is likely to be the only other route.

Uninstall using Revo Uninstaller to get rid of any broken installation files.  Reinstall the current version and log in.  Your data will be rebuilt from the master copies in the cloud.

Hello -- Thanks for the heads up. I've just downloaded 'Revo Uninstaller'. If I uninstall EN will it not delete my files and images I have in some of the notes?