evernote won't allow me to create a new note

mg4

Idea

when i try and create a new note, it says i've exceeded my limits. since they don't have customer service, i found this article: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005247-Evernote-system-limits . I have the free version with 100,000 notes included, but I only have 161 notes. I tried a workaround where I edited an old note i no longer need, but it's in a notebook that would no longer apply to the new note, so i tried moving it to the general "my notes" notebook and it wouldn't even allow me to do that. any idea what tech errors are happening and how to troubleshoot?

9 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

There appears to be a trial with some users with Free accounts experiencing different restrictions on note sizes and numbers of notebooks.

Try creating a new notebook and see if you get an error warning with new restrictions.  Othyerwise you could open a support ticket for the ACCOUNT area and ask if any new restrictions have been applied to your account. Use this link to access the support area as a guest.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?guest=true

• Like 1

I have a similar problem, except that when I try to create a new note, I'm presented with a promotional offer (below). When x out of it and click "I'm sure," it just takes me right back to where I started on an infinite loop. Like OP, I have a free account but am nowhere near the published limit (I have 1,125 notes), and am not actually being warned that I am close to any limit.

image.thumb.png.70d46f935888dfe59790a584a1420082.png

• Like 3
  • Level 5

EN is changing the Free plan currently - we assume it is still in the testing phase, where groups of users are exposed to specific changes to the plan. Since Free users have no paid contract with EN, the company can practically change the plans limits on the fly.

If you are now in the group of users with a 50 notes / 1 notebook limit, there is nothing you can do about it. Live within the new limits, or subscribe.

On 11/16/2023 at 4:29 PM, PinkElephant said:

EN is changing the Free plan currently - we assume it is still in the testing phase, where groups of users are exposed to specific changes to the plan. Since Free users have no paid contract with EN, the company can practically change the plans limits on the fly.

If you are now in the group of users with a 50 notes / 1 notebook limit, there is nothing you can do about it. Live within the new limits, or subscribe.

Holy ***** that is horrendous. Hope they're expecting literally everyone to drop them then.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Andrew Burnes said:

Holy ***** that is horrendous. Hope they're expecting literally everyone to drop them then.

It might be for those that have managed nicely on a free plan, but for those of us that are subscribers and have been funding the free plans, it is long overdue. What is the downside of dropping accounts that provide no revenue to the company?

• Like 1

Anch'io ho lo stesso problema. Non riesco a creare note (programmi aggiornati) né su pc né su iphone. Non è nemmeno possibile per me inviare e-mail a Evernote perché torna indietro. Ho un account personale a pagamento e ho utilizzato un millesimo dello spazio disponibile. Apro i ticket e mi dicono di resettare ma non leggono nemmeno il problema. Penso che Evernote abbia seri problemi in questo momento.