Subscription Doubled in price

First time I've used the forum, didn't know it existed tbh.

Been using Evernote for ten years. Been a student( still am ) all this time . 
Evernote just sent me an invoice for double what I paid last year.

When questioned - 3 emails later - I finally get a response saying too bad.

(and no, Evernote don't email me and say expect a price rise. )
Does anyone know if there are any actual customer service humans in Evernote or just bots? 
Their response was woeful

Also does anyone know if I can delete my account and get a refund. Evernote's amazing customer service bots won't even answer me on that one. 
Also does anyone know the best way to migrate from Evernote to something more affordable for students ? $160 per year is way too much for a note app.

I am given access to one note for o365 for free so will use that from now on.

Am I just paying the lazy tax for not moving off Evernote sooner? 
Thanks for any advice

poor Aussie student

• Level 5*

Hi.  It was a steep increase, and it's possible the emails got eaten by your spam folder,  but AFAIK there are no discounts available for current users.  There's a option to drop to the free account where you get access to your contect on two devices but very limited options to add to or edit it,  or you could export you notebooks to ENEX files which can be imported into other apps. 

Importing and converting to a different app is a bit of a time-soak,  so it's often better to leave you data in Evernote and start new notes elsewhere.

Yes you can get a refund if you ask nicely - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new   (Support are busy right now,  so it may take a few days to get a response; but you'll have a ticket number which reserves a place in the queue.)

This website might help you look for an alternative...https://noteapps.info/

• Like 1

Thankyou for your considered reply. The support function from Evernote is lacking, extremely slow. 
I will use your link and look for a refund and move to free. It's a shame as I enjoyed using Evernote but it's out of my budget at double the price for the functionality it has . 

• Like 1

I am currently evaluating 'Keep It' by 'Reinvented Software'. If you are on a Mac, you could give it a try. 

UI is beautifully clean and it has a couple of features that I have been missing on Evernote.

If it turns out stable and reliable (which Evernote currently isn't) then that might be a good way out of Evernote.

Imports from ENEX files work flawlessly including tags, folders and attachments.

13 minutes ago, Feitz said:

If it turns out stable and reliable (which Evernote currently isn't)

Sometimes opinion comments can come off as stating fact when you leave off the "for me" part. The OP themselves didn't even post about having stability issues.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Aus_Student said:

I will use your link and look for a refund and move to free. It's a shame as I enjoyed using Evernote but it's out of my budget at double the price for the functionality it has

Just FYI that Bending Spoons is experimenting with limiting the Free plan to just 1 notebook and 50 notes in attempting to get people to move to a paid plan.

Moving to the Free plan is good for long term storage until you can find a more cost-effective platform to migrate to. I would not recommend the Free plan as a good long term solution for anybody anymore.

3 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

Sometimes opinion comments can come off as stating fact when you leave off the "for me" part.

I was referring to whether 'Keep It' will turn out stable and reliable as a prerequisite for migrating from Evernote.

It should be clear that any statement here is a personal opinion but if you consider the host of issues that keep popping up with V10 it can hardly be considered stable and reliable. 

• Level 5*
45 minutes ago, Feitz said:

if you consider the host of issues that keep popping up with V10 it can hardly be considered stable and reliable. 

As someone else said around here,  I'm using v10 on a daily basis and it's not hamperiing me any...  there are glitches as with any software,  but Evernote is more reliable (for me) than most...

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, gazumped said:

but Evernote is more reliable (for me) than most

Thank you. Right now I'm busy with finding an alternative to migrate to.

I'll set aside some time before the end of my subscription to give V10 another thorough look. If they managed to iron out some of the things that hampered my workflow most, I can still give it try for another year and see how it develops.

But before that I'd like to have a viable alternative in place so I can make the jump if necessary.

• Like 1