What is the Max image storage limit on Evernote? is the storage unlimited?

Hi I'm new to Evernote,

I'm a designer and work on a lot of projects so I will be storing a lot of images on Evernote.  I have a couple of questions:

What is the max image storage on Evernote?

Is the image storage unlimited?

I understand that we are allocated a certain amount of megs per month which to be honest is not enough for me, not sure what I can do?

I'm new to Evernote and really like it because it is simple and perfect for my projects tracking.

Can anyone help?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote has note size limits and upload limits that vary with the type of subscription you have.  See System Limits for more. 

You'll be able to add images to your notes up to the note size limit,  but it's not wise to get too close to the max - if you'll be editing images,  the changes may mean the full new image needs to be uploaded to replace an existing one,  so you need to have one at least image-sized amount of free space within the total limit for that note.  I'd suggest not getting over 75-80% of the limit in any note.

NB that images may be compressed into another format for database storage,  so if HD quality is an issue for you,  an option would be to use cloud storage for the main image and save a (smaller?) copy to Evernote with a link to the original.  Talk to Support (we're mainly other users here) for more on that.

On your megs per month question - again sounds like cloud storage with the links in Evernote might be a way around it.  If system limits are too low,  I don't believe you can buy extensions - although (see the link) there's a Teams version which is designed for 4+ users with higher limits...

Hope that helps... 

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

Although Evernote could be used as an image repository it really isn't intended or designed for that. As @gazumped suggests, you're best to store images elsewhere and link to your note. The best integration is probably via Google Drive.

• Level 5

You can subscribe to Personal, which allows for 10.000MB of upload per month, or Professional with a cap of 20.000MB per month. Total storage and download is not capped.

That should do, I think.

However a single note is capped at 200MB. And it really is not build to support photo storage. It won’t display several formats, has no access to EXIF information and won’t show as a slidebox or similar. Setting size or zooming in is not supported, neither format conversion.