Highlight Color - gone

mike468

Idea

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5

General technical issues, no information about client or OS - and you wonder why nobody answers.

A search in the help database with „Highlight“ brings up this help article:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022954093

Looking further reveals this secret:

image.thumb.png.c225dc2517a373f7e41e925153e45935.png

It means: Select a text, then select a highlighter color to mark it up.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  even after highlighting the text  (it is actually the first thing I tried)  there is no option for highlighting in the top icons.

Might be a sign that now is the time to move to Notion!

• Level 5

If the note is set very narrow in edit mode, the highlighter will hide here:

image.thumb.png.109728fb14a2eefe5991666de14b9e5b.png

When the width is wider, it will show right away. To be active, first a text must be selected, then it can be highlighted.

image.thumb.png.7b27bd3d52d2d22e8ccf084784c53384.png

Multiple colors - which was frequently requested for the legacy clients, finally implemented with v10.

19 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

When the width is wider, it will show right away. To be active, first a text must be selected, then it can be highlighted.

Multiple colors - which was frequently requested for the legacy clients, finally implemented with v10.

This technique does not work on web pages that are downloaded from the Internet. The editing buttons are grayed out across the top. Any solution?

image.png.e91d178c84c977ae54e5e1143c523856.png

• Level 5

Click on the top border of the „Web Clip“. A blue rim appears, and a little menu pops up. Click on the magic wand symbol.

This will simplify the web clip. It can now be edited.

v10 doesn’t allow editing a web clip without simplifying it first.

Simplifying can’t be reversed. If you want to keep a copy of the original site, duplicate the note first, and then simplify the copy.

On 11/8/2023 at 3:35 AM, PinkElephant said:

Hi, i have a similar issue. i am not windows 10 & everynote verision 10.77.3 . Note is not narrow but as wide as the screen. but the highlighter option & other option after it are all hidden under "more" section. i have tried on web version as well. same issue there as well. image.thumb.png.8f7e1a48c070dfaf6c5b809a9f05ce1a.png

• Level 5
1 hour ago, Pyp said:

Hi, i have a similar issue. i am not windows 10 & everynote verision 10.77.3 . Note is not narrow but as wide as the screen. but the highlighter option & other option after it are all hidden under "more" section. i have tried on web version as well. same issue there as well. 

I just checked, and I'm not seeing this. It's possible that you might be able to fix it by something as simple as quitting Evernote (File > Quit) or restarting your computer. But I see that you have the new AI Edit button at the right end of the toolbar. I don't have that yet, so we're working in different interfaces. I can imagine (but not really know!) that they haven't yet completely got the toolbar set up properly since introducing that button, and that it may take a day or two for them to figure it out.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pyp said:

Hi, i have a similar issue. i am not windows 10 & everynote verision 10.77.3 . Note is not narrow but as wide as the screen. but the highlighter option & other option after it are all hidden under "more" section. i have tried on web version as well. same issue there as well. 

Its a bug and they know about it. I think its something to do with the Ai Edit button being added which is causing the issue. Hoping its fixed next update.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

As said before, I checked and have no issues with the button. I think it depends on some triggers that make it show, or move it into the "More" section.

Unfortunately there is no keyboard shortcut either.