Emojii for 'unique' titles β—™ β­• πŸ”Έ πŸ”Ή πŸ’  πŸ”Ά γŠ™οΈ (secret) β—’ πŸ”΅β— β—‹ πŸ”΄πŸ”΅πŸŸ’βšͺ⚫🟑🟣🟠🟀 ◻️ ⬜

• Level 5*

β—™ β­• πŸ”Έ πŸ”Ή πŸ’  πŸ”Ά γŠ™οΈ(secret)β—’β—β—‹πŸ”΄πŸ”΅πŸŸ’βšͺβš«πŸŸ‘πŸŸ£πŸŸ€β—»οΈβ¬œ

I've been using emojii to highlight titles for a while now,Β  and as I gradually worked through my options I found just over 20 different emoji that work reasonably well in titles in most circumstances.Β  The one with a glyph means (I'm told) 'secret' which can be a handy reminder that the notes I attach it to aren't meant for general consumption.Β  Other emoji can vary in appearance depending on the device and OS,Β  sometimes confusingly.Β Β 

Just posting this here for general information and to ask:Β  if you also use this sort of emphasis,Β  what emojii do you use?Β  I tend to rely on emojipedia for occasional inspiration...

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, gazumped said:

if you also use this sort of emphasis,Β  what emojii do you use?

I certainly use the coloured circles. I often use an emoji that is relevant to the note. e.g

image.png.b9894244ae1c4292a6be370db16710f0.png

I particularly like the πŸ“Œfor "pinned" notes. I have "Hotstrings" for some of my most frequently used emojis so they are easily added using a sequence of characters.

Perhaps worth a reminder that you can use the intitle search for emojis but there is a trick to getting it to work

Β 

Β 

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

When I use emoji I place them away from the start of the title so that searching for a name works more easily given the Evernote requirement to search from the left hand side of the text.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Doubt if I'll use them for note titles, but they might help take the place of the lost notebook name colorizing in the older Windows version of Evernote (which never synced to other machines anyway, so was not that useful). Out of curiosity, how do you who use multiple emojis to distinguish among note characteristics remember what they mean? I mean, seriously, there are > 20 emojis in the subject of this thread. Do you have a separate Evernote with the key? WithΒ πŸ—οΈΒ in its title?

• Haha 1
  • Level 5*
34 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

how do you who use multiple emojis to distinguish among note characteristics remember what they mean?

I don't use all 20+ of the options,Β  but say I'm looking to find my account information for a cloud drive called 'sync'.Β  I'll do an Evernote search for that word, and... guess which one is my note?Β  I don't even have to look at a full list of the hits...

sync.png.9aec99968638d8554e7513f149dd4089.png

• Like 2

A while ago I looked through emojis inΒ https://emojipedia.orgΒ and started using some. These are a few:

πŸ—’οΈ+name: for ongoing notes in a project

πŸ“‹+name: for routines

πŸ“† calendar note

πŸͺ™ stocks

🐘 tips using Evernote 

🌐 note for a theme. I collect information on a ongoing basis.

πŸ’‘ideas for a ongoing project

I also started to use some emojis in tasks after reading a tip from one user in this forum. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

It is great fun! πŸ™‚

• Like 3