Evernote V10 desktop version del my note image when I just open and read it

I edit the image in Evernote Legacy in my office PC yesterday . Open the note by Evernote V10 at home today , image gone , and notice that the note updated just few minute ago. However I have do nothing but just read it. I am able to restore the note to get it back.

So Evernote V10 automatically delete my image without any notice. I am very scare others note also got the same problem but I am not aware. Anyone got the same issue with me ?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you checked Note History in case your recent update overwrote the previous edits?  It's possible you shut down the office PC before it was able to sync the changes you made there to the server.  For both office and home,  what are your devices / OS / Evernote versions?

• Level 5

In general mixing legacy and v10 is not a really good idea any more. Both run on different data structures, and anything doted in one of them needs to be converted when opened in the other.

This should not lead to a loss of data, but could explain the recent updated date.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
在 2023/10/18 在 PM5點58分, gazumped說:

Hi.  Have you checked Note History in case your recent update overwrote the previous edits?  It's possible you shut down the office PC before it was able to sync the changes you made there to the server.  For both office and home,  what are your devices / OS / Evernote versions?

Note history shows my last update time in my office. I am sure it sync successfully. Office PC = Legacy , Home notebook=V10.

Now I change back to legacy in home notebook. I cannot use V10 in office because its OS is win7

33 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Mixing legacy and v10 causes the server to permanently convert notes from one format into the other.

I've the feeling that there are different server(farms) working on client groups. I've a ticket open because I meet a similiar effect

• Legacy synces fine,
  • EN10 does not show latest note changes even after weeks (and re-install/reload)
    • but shows updates (from Legacy) in note's history! (*)
  • WEB is OK (shows latest change and history like Legacy did and does).

Looks like EN10 clients use servers distinct from Legacy/Web. Updates between EN10- and Legacy-servers do not work reliably.

I'm afraid that changes in (incomplete) EN10 note version will overwrite current (and correct) note version...

(*) exactly the same effect as here:

6 hours ago, winson22 said:

Note history shows my last update time in my office. I am sure it sync successfully. Office PC = Legacy , Home notebook=V10.

在 2023/10/30 在 PM3點49分, AlbertR說:

I've the feeling that there are different server(farms) working on client groups. I've a ticket open because I meet a similiar effect

• Legacy synces fine,
  • EN10 does not show latest note changes even after weeks (and re-install/reload)
    • but shows updates (from Legacy) in note's history! (*)
  • WEB is OK (shows latest change and history like Legacy did and does).

Looks like EN10 clients use servers distinct from Legacy/Web. Updates between EN10- and Legacy-servers do not work reliably.

I'm afraid that changes in (incomplete) EN10 note version will overwrite current (and correct) note version...

(*) exactly the same effect as here:

Pay attention on preview look in homepage of V10. The preview shows the update but when you click into it ,  something disappear and disaster begin