How does one report a user or post for violating the terms of conduct?

It clearly says above rule one "Report any posts you feel contradict our policies by using the "Report post" feature and Evernote staff will review the reported content."

However there is no option to do so anywhere.

There are no topics for Report Post?

There are no ways to report a user for clearly violating the TOS?

Why do companies like Evernote get away with stripping all the features and means of users getting help? Then just leave it in the community guidelines while its clearly been removed.

Picture if clearly not the post I am looking to report, just a clear indication that there is no way to "report a post"

2023-10-10_08-12-53.png

The menu clearly depends on your "level" in the forum. @gazumped is a moderator and obviously therefore has a shed load of options that  most of us don't have. I have

image.png.289a9637f216116991770b4c73d0f3ba.png

So it's entirely possible that you need to be level 3 or 4 before being able to report.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
14 minutes ago, Mike P said:

The menu clearly depends on your "level" in the forum. @gazumped is a moderator and obviously therefore has a shed load of options that  most of us don't have. I have

image.png.289a9637f216116991770b4c73d0f3ba.png

So it's entirely possible that you need to be level 3 or 4 before being able to report.

Why on earth would it be acceptable to lock the feature to report users behind a level threshold?

Why would it be clearly indicated on the community rules (which makes no mention of levels) that users can report posts?

Who can let this company know they might want to clarify somethings in their rules and also make sure that any user can report someone clearly breaking the rules?

I really do not appreciate being trolled on professional support forums or thinking I need to be a moderator to do something about it, when a user is clearly violating the TOS...

• Level 5*

The forums here are third party software,  and the point hasn't come up before.  If you still have access to Evernote support you can tell them yourself,  but despite my apparently elevated status I'm also just a user like most of us here.

• Confused 1

This information is perhaps somewhat out-dated as the Level 5 "promotion" seems to have been deprecated for newer(-ish) forum members, but it does say that Level 4 (and above) "can report content for direct review by Evernote Staff" and "Reporting Posts (Available to Level 4/5) - Reporting posts flags content and places it in a review queue. At that time, the person who is flagging the content can add a note about why they are flagging the content. Once in that queue, a member of the Evernote Staff will review the content and any notes, and determine what needs to be done."

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5

I would suggest that the forum service (again, that is not Evernote but a 3rd party) would like to prevent people who join forums just to create chaos by reporting people from doing so. I believe it is always possible to block a user, but I'm not sure what happens when you do that.

• Sad 1
Just now, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I would suggest that the forum service (again, that is not Evernote but a 3rd party) would like to prevent people who join forums just to create chaos by reporting people from doing so. I believe it is always possible to block a user, but I'm not sure what happens when you do that.

Okay so just getting Infinitely harassed by users with no means to do anything is a great compromise. It simply tells us in the rules to report people for specific reasons, thats why there are moderators and new users cannot immediately ban users, simply report them for review... No where does it state that we have to obtain rank to not be harassed on official support forums, 3rd party or not this is the only means of Evernote support available to most of us.

What are you trying to get across here Dave?

• Level 5
3 minutes ago, NoLongerAUser said:

What are you trying to get across here Dave?

That there are trolls and troublemakers in the world, and online forums need to take some measures against them. I don't mean you, if that's what you're trying to get across, since I don't see you doing that.

4 minutes ago, NoLongerAUser said:

Okay so just getting Infinitely harassed by users with no means to do anything is a great compromise. It simply tells us in the rules to report people for specific reasons, thats why there are moderators and new users cannot immediately ban users, simply report them for review... No where does it state that we have to obtain rank to not be harassed on official support forums, 3rd party or not this is the only means of Evernote support available to most of us.

I have no idea who is harassing you or what that's about, but my suggestion (apart from trying to block them and see what that does) would be to direct message someone with a really, really large number of posts, since they may have administrative powers, and lay out your case against the harasser to them. They might be able to get something done about the harasser.

5 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

That there are trolls and troublemakers in the world, and online forums need to take some measures against them. I don't mean you, if that's what you're trying to get across, since I don't see you doing that.

I have no idea who is harassing you or what that's about, but my suggestion (apart from trying to block them and see what that does) would be to direct message someone with a really, really large number of posts, since they may have administrative powers, and lay out your case against the harasser to them. They might be able to get something done about the harasser.

I would rather just follow the process cleanly outlined in the rules, than take some workaround to being repeatedly harassed. Thanks for the unecessary back and forth, and avoiding backing the clear fact that the current process is clearly completely defunct... It is completely Ludacris that there is no means to report someone or directly seek help for users under level 4, by people clearly breaking these rules. Sadly being 3rd party forum or workarounds have nothing to do with the reality of the situation...

Just now, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I'll say this, then stop. The process outlined in  the rules is that Level 4 forum users are able to report people. I'm sorry to have wasted your time. I promise not to waste any more of mine.

The community rules make no mention of a level requirement.

Please do stop.

1 minute ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I'll say this, then stop. The process outlined in  the rules is that Level 4 forum users are able to report people. I'm sorry to have wasted your time. I promise not to waste any more of mine.

Please read the rules before you make things up.

I have attached screenshot of applicable paragraph for your reference.

Screenshot_20231010_175605_Chrome.jpg

• Level 5*

This discussion is going nowhere - the Forums is third party software that we don't have the ability to change.  The rules are Evernote's,  which we also don't have the ability to change.  If you wish to report someone for some form of abuse,  then -as I said earlier- you need to contact Evernote.  

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

This discussion is going nowhere - the Forums is third party software that we don't have the ability to change.  The rules are Evernote's,  which we also don't have the ability to change.  If you wish to report someone for some form of abuse,  then -as I said earlier- you need to contact Evernote.  

Much appreciated excuses, and certainly no help what-so-ever. I really appreciate your contradictory responses. Dave has been going on about the rules stating a need to be level 4 when they clearly do not. Now you are trying to tell me the rules listed on this forum do not apply to this forum? Once again what are you all trying to imply here?

This is a lawless forum where people are free to troll new users with no means of getting any help?

5 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Also there is no means to "contact evernote" so I really appreciate the suggestion...