Evernote Web Clipper not working

13 minutes ago, RadioPhil said:

I'm already logged in, but it's working intermittently for me. Most of the time, it doesn't respond at all.

In my case it sometimes works, but mostly not working (and then asking to log in, which doesn't work either). At the moment totally unusable 😕

• Like 1

Note quite the same issue maybe, but I can't save ANY web article (using any browser) or even just pic from my iPhone or iPad to Evernote as of today.

To save a pic to Evernote I have to create the note first, then attach the pic. I cannot do it from photos directly and save it to Evernote.

Evernote 10.55.1, IOS 16.7

• Like 1

Same problem as others are reporting. The Evernote clipper is not working. I uninstalled and reinstalled the clipper on Chrome. I tried it on Edge. I uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote. Nothing. It's dead. Help. I love Evernote and don't want to find a new product. 

• Evernote Expert

This Web Clipper issue is connected to the current and continuing authentication problem. The simplest answer is to keep trying.  It took me four goes and the the Web Clipper reconnected and all is working for now.  I presume I'll have to start again if I close my browser. ;)

• Evernote Expert

The uninstall/reinstall won't work because this is connected the authentication issues in the background. These are receiving urgent attention.

Some of us have found that trying a few times in quick succession eventually overcomes the problem. The web clipper then works until you close the browser.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, syd said:

It's not working in Safari v17 on macOS either. Greyed /Dimmed out

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 9.23.09 am.jpg

I get the same image using one version of the Norwegian browser Opera, and on another version of the same browser the image is darker but with a red dot on it but it still doesn't open. Since it's happening on multiple browser I assume it's an Evernote problem?

I have it working on Microsoft Edge but still not working on Opera, it's Beta version or it's regular version and this happened after they installed an

automatic uptae in one case to 'Opera One'. I prefer Opera by a wide margin so I hope it kicks in soon. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

I had the same issue with Chrome on my Macs (latest Sonoma updates) where it wouldn't allow you to sign in.  Wasn't saying 'wrong password' but just wouldn't proceed.

I tried uninstalling chrome and re-installing with no success. I also deleted the web clipper extension and re-installed without a fix.

The solution that worked for me was: I found that I had to delete my chrome extensions (this will delete all of them so be careful if you have others that you want) and then re-install the Web Clipper extension and it instantly worked for me.

The chrome extension location is:

For Windows

• C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default.

For Mac:

• ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default.

I hope that fixed for others 🙂

• Like 1