Any help will be appreciated - I can not start Evernote

Hi,

Support asks me to send a log to try to correct the problem with the changes not updating, but I can not start Evernote, so I can not get any log.

I get this error when I start Evernote Desktop:

image.png.a765b9a2e3d5417d339fcfc39a410dd3.png

A ticket is open from five days with Support and no help is, apparently, on the way.

• 2 weeks later...

From some weeks ago I couldnt start Evernote (Windows 10 in ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-H).   

An error of (traslated) "Error by our side, we apologyze.  Try to restart Evernote" and a couple of botons Exit" and "Restart".  None of the buttons worked.   I tried uninstallin and reisntalling... installing without uninstalling... and nothing.  I having working in other equipments (Laptops) and in Android without issue. 

image.png.f4b1410585401fb6c23e66f1077a230e.png

Can you help me?

Edited by Carlos Castillo
I mistake the model of the equipment.
  • Level 5*

Hi.  What version of Evernote are you using,  and are you a subscriber?

If you're a basic user you may have exceeded your device limit - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068 - or one of the other system limits - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005247 - for your account.

If you are a subscriber you can contact Evernote Support (we're mainly other users here) to get assistance.  https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new

I can actually start Evernote, but I see a very low speed, lags searching for content and I'am afraid the changes are nos sincync properly. I can not afford the risk of losing vital information so I am using the web version of Evernote. I loose some functions, like having several Evernote windows opened at the same time, but I have the peace of mind of having all the information saved.

• Level 5

Then your desktop install  has a corruption (most likely in the database), and needs to be reinstalled. Use Revo Uninstaller (Windows) to clean all parts from the drive, then restart the PC, install from the EN website and log in. After it is up, let it run in the background for a while to allow it to download all data again.

You can discuss this shouldn't be - but the discussion won't move anything. Sooner or later you will uninstall, if you want to use the desktop client again.

Hi,

I am not opposing to reinstall. In fact, I have done it, using Revo Uninstaller. After that, at least I am able to start Evernote, but I am not seeing the speed I usually had. And, over all, I am concerned about the syncronization process. I don't rely on it and I can't be testing after every change if the changes have been saved.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, sva03066 said:

I am able to start Evernote, but I am not seeing the speed I usually had

HI.  If you have only recently reinstalled,  the app will be busy rebuilding indexes in the background.  Give it a day or two to catch up - and follow up your reinstall with Support to check the account is working properly.