I have 2FA enabled using Google Authenticator and am unable to access my Evernote android app due to an issue wherein it shows an error when entering the 2FA code.
Tried it multiple times, double checked the code, still no good.

Can login on the web and desktop app is still accessible.

Must've been around a week now. 
App is up to date.

Cleared cache and tried again but that doesn't work either.

Screenshot_20231002_171848_Evernote.jpg

2 hours ago, Jon/t said:

Try one of the emergency codes you got when setting it up. This should get you in and you can investigate further, maybe set it up a again.

I tried that right after and it didn't work.
Twice.

Just now, PinkElephant said:

Are you sure you have entered the correct account ?

I would repeat the full login process, by checking step by step that the correct credentials are entered.

I only have one account so that isn't the case.
Also, another user on the Evernote subreddit is facing the same issue.
So clearly it is an Evernote problem.

• Evernote Expert
22 minutes ago, Razor54672 said:

I only have one account so that isn't the case.

I've lost count of how many times users assert this only to discover that they had managed to create a new, empty account by accident. It is VERY easy to open an account in error when attempting to login.

Otherwise you should open a support ticket.

• Like 1

For the record I am having the same problem on IOS. I can use my authenticator to log on successfully to web but I can't get it to work on IOS.

I get "The code you entered is incorrect". Given how long it takes to respond, it is possible the code is changing (after 30 secs) before the app authenticates.

Oh yeah, it would be really great if you didn't need 2FA to log in to this support forum. Seriously!

• Like 1
On 10/2/2023 at 8:38 PM, agsteele said:

I've lost count of how many times users assert this only to discover that they had managed to create a new, empty account by accident. It is VERY easy to open an account in error when attempting to login.

Otherwise you should open a support ticket.

I am using the same login details for the web version and Android app.
Works fine with the the web, not with the app.

On 10/3/2023 at 5:01 AM, Boot17 said:

I have seen, once or twice, where a 2FA issue is because of a time sync issue -- the phone settings weren't set using the "Set Automatically" and authenticator apps are time dependent.

@Razor54672 Have you ruled that out?

I removed 2FA via web and it isn't even authenticating with the login details now.
Something's up with the app then.

Also, many a times, when I simply launch the app, it gets stuck on the Evernote logo screen so I have to relaunch it to access the sign-in page.

And this time, even the continue button wasn't working properly.
I've attached the screen recording of the same.

One other thing to maybe try (if you are on free subscription) is to look at how many Devices Evernote (in Profile Settings) thinks you are using and make sure you don't have more than 2 listed? Other than that no ideas or guesses.

Edit: Evernote was also down hard for many people for several hours and just came up about 3 (?) hours or so ago...

• Evernote Expert

The outage earlier today has left some lag in authentication. It will come right but if you are logged out then logging in may take several attempts before it is successful.  It will be resolved.

• Like 1