Problem on latest updated

The Search on 10.62.5 is extremely stupid.  In the past, it will show some related of search and also the notebook under the search field on the side bar.  But now, show nothing, and the result is the same as before.  But in the past, more than 60% chance can find what I want under the search field, better than the long list of notes.  Also the notebook result, It is the short cut to searching in my hundreds of notebooks.

The iOS app10.54.1 have a big problem in scanning the documents instead of PDF.  It saved in png format, no matter how I set.  What the problems?  One of the best function cut off from Evernote?

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

There's area a number of discussions on this issue.

For now I understand that the launch of the AI Powered Search introduced done changes to the UI and some of these changes are due to be further adjusted in response to some of this feedback.

It will await a new release to see what returns.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
8 hours ago, romelden said:

The Search on 10.62.5 is extremely stupid.  In the past, it will show some related of search and also the notebook under the search field on the side bar.  But now, show nothing, and the result is the same as before.  But in the past, more than 60% chance can find what I want under the search field, better than the long list of notes.  Also the notebook result, It is the short cut to searching in my hundreds of notebooks.

The previous functionality has been restored in v. 10.63.1, available from https://evernote.com/download if your app does not make it available from the release notes.

What has happened with note list scrolling? Previously the note was selected immediately in the list, now it waits until the note is fully loaded. This makes scrolling through the list with the arrow keys very sluggish and counter-intuitive...

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I am seeing an overall slowness in note loading with 10.63.1 on a Mac.  Similar to, but not quite as bad, as the RTE note conversion delay that occurs with older notes.

Yeah, but when we had huge RTE delays before, it didn't affect the scrolling through the list, you just could scroll ahead to the required note and then wait until it was loaded completely.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, eric99 said:

What has happened with note list scrolling? Previously the note was selected immediately in the list, now it waits until the note is fully loaded. This makes scrolling through the list with the arrow keys very sluggish and counter-intuitive...

This is not what I'm seeing, actually (on Windows). I can press the down arrow key say 4 times and it will slowly move to and display the note that is 4th down the list (without settling on or displaying the ones in between). If I want to move to the next note with one down arrow, look at it, then do the same for the next note, that is indeed slow, but it does respond to the number of arrow key presses.

3 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

This is not what I'm seeing, actually (on Windows). I can press the down arrow key say 4 times and it will slowly move to and display the note that is 4th down the list (without settling on or displaying the ones in between). If I want to move to the next note with one down arrow, look at it, then do the same for the next note, that is indeed slow, but it does respond to the number of arrow key presses.

As I tried to explain, this is different behaviour than before when you could scroll ahead, no counting needed, you just clicked the arrow key very fast to the desired note and then wait until loaded.

• Level 5
1 minute ago, eric99 said:

As I tried to explain, this is different behaviour than before when you could scroll ahead, no counting needed, you just clicked the arrow key very fast to the desired note and then wait until loaded.

Hmm, well, that's exactly what I'm seeing (as I tried to explain). I press the arrow enough times to get it to the desired note, and after a couple of seconds that note is highlighted in the list and displayed on the right. It's just happening a lot slower than I'm used to.

13 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Hmm, well, that's exactly what I'm seeing (as I tried to explain). I press the arrow enough times to get it to the desired note, and after a couple of seconds that note is highlighted in the list and displayed on the right. It's just happening a lot slower than I'm used to.

this is indeed what I see now, but before it was different, every single arrow click was instantly highlighted in the list (without waiting for note loading), so you could type many notes ahead and see it stepping through the list,  no need to press blindly the arrow enough times in the hope it will finally arrive at the proper note

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, eric99 said:

I'm not sure I understand the note scrolling issue.  I don't tend to use the arrow key when scrolling, so that may be the problem, but if I quickly, for example, hit the down key 5 times it will quickly jump to the correct note and then slowly load it.  I don't see a scroll through each note unless I slow down how quickly I hit the arrow key.  To me, it seems like it is slow at loading each note.  Is that what you are seeing, or something different?  I use the mouse to scroll through the snippet view and then select the note I want.  That seems unchanged, except for the speed at which the note I selected loads.

Edit - ok, I just read your last post again and now understand what you are seeing.

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, s2sailor said:

I am seeing an overall slowness in note loading with 10.63.1 on a Mac.  Similar to, but not quite as bad, as the RTE note conversion delay that occurs with older notes.

10.63.2 is out and the speed seems improved.  Hard to tell if it is back to normal, but it is better.