Creating Unwanted Duplicate Notes

Hi,

Using the Android app exclusively I created a note about how another app works.  I typed some into the note, switched to the app to see how it worked, switched back to note, watched the note reload, clicked Edit again because the edit mode had been lost, typed some more, and repeated that a bunch of times.  At one point I saw an error saying that there was a duplicate note.  When I was done I noticed that I had 8 notes with the same name.  Apparently each time I switched between apps a new note with the same title and contents was created.  I'm guessing this is a bug, right?  Or does this serve some purpose for someone?  In any case I'd like to get it to stop. 

Thanks,

Mike

• Level 5

Definitely a bug, and not a common one. To me (just guessing) it suggests some issues in connectivity, whether on your end or somewhere between you and Evernote's servers. If it happens again (or maybe even just for this instance), it would be good to report it to Evernote support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

• Level 5

What you have linked goes back to 2022. This was with the old syncing method, where the whole note would sync. The method was prone to duplication, both when a note was changed on 2 devices, or when sync went bad, reverted and synced again.

The introduction of RTE sync should have has eliminated this effect. You can change the same note at the same time on 4 or 5 devices, and all changes will sync perfectly, without any conflicts or duplicates.

If you still have a problem, post it with all necessary data like platform and release number.