I need to give my daughter access to my EN account

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

My wife and I are gettin older and I keep EVERYTHING  (medical, financial, all my logins, etc...) in EN.  I want my daughter,, who lives in another city, to have her own login so she can access it "just in case" anything happens.

Is there a way to do this?

TIA,

Richard

• Level 5

There are several methods:

A) She can open her own account, you share the relevant notebooks with her. She can only access these notebooks that you share, and only at the level you allow (like read only).

B‘) You tell her your own access data, and she can access your account via the server. In this case she has unlimited access and can act fully like yourself - including deleting notes or even finally closing the account.

You can use A) and B‘) together: Share for now, and give her the full access information for the case you can’t act yourself anymore.

B requires a subscription, because probably too many clients are involved, violating the device limit. The only way on a Free account would be that all of you use the web client, and just 1 additional client, like on 1 mobile device, or on 1 personal computer.

In A your daughter can have her own Free account, using it on the shared notebooks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There are a couple of ways that you could still make Pink's Option B work as well:

1. You can generate one time use backup codes to use in the advent that the 2FA is not available to her (and share those codes with here) and/or
  2. Many 2FA providers (like Authy, which I use) allow you to put the account on numerous devices. So I have Authy installed on my phone, iPad, and two Desktop computers. So depending on the 2FA provider you might be able to just give her access to install that same app/account on her device. (Alternatively, if/when you set up 2FA I believe if you set it up at the same time using two different authenticator apps that you will both be generating the same code.)
  • Level 5
  • Solution

Sure, no problem. She will just have the usual restrictions of the Free account herself.

Free can have 2FA enabled as well. For B‘) she will need the backup codes for your account, because probably an authenticator will not work over a very long time. If you ever reset 2FA, remember to update the backup codes, wherever you keep them (not inside of your EN account !).

The usual place will be a physical „Just in case“ folder with everything printed out, in a place where it will be found.