Evernote Web does not show all tags

Go to solution Solved by Boot17,

Please see the attached video. I am using Evernote Web. This example note has 10 tags. 5 of them are shown on the screen. When I press the "Tags" button, nothing happens. When I use the left arrow key, it does not scroll to show the tags hiding on the left. So I cannot see or delete them. I tried Windows Edge and Google Chrome (both updated), but I got the same result. Suggestions?

• Solution

Is there a specific reason you are using the old/classic version of the Web app?

My first suggestion would be to upgrade to the new version if there isn't a specific reason from you doing that. I suspect the old version of the web app will be going away soon.

image.png.4d29cec7bbd36384c9102f899957fcca.png

The new version is quite a bit different. One thing that is different with regards to tags is that the tags appear at the bottom of the note.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Boot17 said:

Is there a specific reason you are using the old/classic version of the Web app?

My first suggestion would be to upgrade to the new version if there isn't a specific reason from you doing that. I suspect the old version of the web app will be going away soon.

image.png.4d29cec7bbd36384c9102f899957fcca.png

The new version is quite a bit different. One thing that is different with regards to tags is that the tags appear at the bottom of the note.

Hi Boot17,

Thanks. I did not know there was a V10+ web client. In my browser, I had a fixed link that opened Evernote. The same link I've used for years haha. Unknown to me, it just opened the old web client. I don't remember Evernote sending an email (or any other instructions) on how to enable the V10+ client.

Your guidance was the first I ever heard about this. I'm wondering if I should feel stupid. How did you find out about this new web client?

For others reading this topic, I had to do two things to enable the V10+ web client. First, I went to my Evernote account, selected Personal Settings, went to Web Client, and ticked the box Enable V10+ web client. Second, I opened Evernote on the web. It still opened the old web client. I clicked on my account photo in the lower left corner of the screen and then I selected the option to upgrade to V10+. The upgrade started immediately. The first time it loaded, it took a while to initially load, maybe 1-2 minutes. The second time I opened it, I think it opened a bit quicker.

Now it's time to explore V10+ web client 🤠 Yeehaw

Cheers, Duhtch

• Like 2
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If you use a bookmark, the link will hold information, and there are likely cookies stored on device. Unless the account data is updated, you will return to how and where you have been before.

Thanks PinkElephant,

Yes, I use a bookmark to load Evernote web. I've replaced the old one with a bookmark for V10. Works well so far. I hope I was alone. It would be a shame if other folks are stumbling around with the legacy web client. I simply had no idea that I had to do something to upgrade the web or the steps required to turn it on. Thanks again for all the guidance now and in the past... much obliged.

Cheers, Duhtch

9 hours ago, Duhtch said:

How did you find out about this new web client?

Maybe mostly from lurking on these forums. I think I saw an in-app/web notification in the old version to try out the new one too maybe? I'm pretty sure I didn't get an email about it but I can't remember for sure since it has been a while. I think I've been using the new web version for almost three years now.

• Level 5
8 hours ago, Duhtch said:

Thanks PinkElephant,

Yes, I use a bookmark to load Evernote web. I've replaced the old one with a bookmark for V10. Works well so far. I hope I was alone. It would be a shame if other folks are stumbling around with the legacy web client. I simply had no idea that I had to do something to upgrade the web or the steps required to turn it on. Thanks again for all the guidance now and in the past... much obliged.

Cheers, Duhtch

Ah, one is never alone in software snafus. There have been a couple of other issues reported here lately that could be solved by switching to the new We client.