I need something with a bookmarklet

• Level 5*

Hi.  I don't remember Evernote ever having a 'bookmarklet' - what do you remember it doing?  And why do you imagine Clipper is 'privacy invading'?  It's something that -at your specific request - will copy some details of a web page into your Evernote database.  Evernote don't monitor page visits or sell your activity elsewhere...

Any browser extension that requires what Firefox calls the "Access your data for all websites" permission (other browsers have a similar permission) has the ability to track your browsing habits. The Evernote Web Clipper requires that permission, as would any full-featured clipping or bookmarking extension. Based on Evernote's reputation, I am willing to trust them to not write an extension that would abuse this permission and track me on sites / pages that I don't tell the extension to clip or bookmark. I could change my mind on that, but I would need specific evidence that they abuse this permission. @Everuser1234 do you have any evidence that the extension is monitoring your browsing even when you aren't using it to bookmark a page? Have you tried disabling it, then when you actually want a bookmarklet, briefly re-enabling it again?

• Like 1