Rotating documents in an evernote note

How do i rotate a page in a note? It used to be so easy. Simply open the note in preview, rotate the page i wanted and close preview. Now i no longer have the option to open preview. All I see is an option to spend $240 per year for adobe. I want a solution that does not involve spending more money. How do i complete this task that used to be so easy?

• Level 5
On 9/2/2023 at 9:16 AM, Gregg Berman said:

How do i rotate a page in a note? It used to be so easy. Simply open the note in preview, rotate the page i wanted and close preview. Now i no longer have the option to open preview. All I see is an option to spend $240 per year for adobe. I want a solution that does not involve spending more money. How do i complete this task that used to be so easy?

Wrong, at least if you are on a Mac.

Click the grey title bar of the attachment, click open from the little menu that will show.

The pdf opens in Preview.

All changes you make in Preview will show with a short delay in the EN note. You can open the note in its own window beside Preview and see it follow the edits you make in Preview. Rotate until you are standing upside down on your desk, if you like.

Once done, hit cmd-W (or File - Close Window). This saves the last changes to the attachment, closes the Preview window and returns control over the attachment to EN.

It sounds like you are needing to rotate a PDF file ("page") inside an Evernote note. But maybe you are trying to rotate an image? The rotate function is still build-in to Evernote, but it requires more clicks than it used to. IMO this is a design decision that allows Evernote to make their software more modular, which should make Evernote less buggy and more consistent on different devices.

Have you tried https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005057? If you have already tried the help page and are still having trouble, you should make that clear in your original post, and also tell us exactly what device(s) you're using and what type of object(s) you are trying to rotate.