Shortcut to search everywhere

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

Probably I'm overlooking something, but when I hit ALT-CTRL-F to search (EN for Windows), the default seems to be to search in the current notebook. If I want to search *all* my notes, I need to click "everywhere" first. Is there a way to do this without the mouse?

Ha, thanks a lot, this works. I seem to remember that in the "old" Evernote there was a global shortcut for this. And a propos, Autohotkey is great but often it is a DIY fix for design flaws in other software....

• Evernote Expert

The new AI Search will, I think, resolve a whole bunch of these things for those willing to use the AI. Not sure about the fixes for the standard search that we all love 😉

Hi there! Not exactly an answer to the question of the OP, bút maybe useful in combination with the other tips. I use "Switch to..." and almost nothing else. See the yellow highlights. "Switch to..."  'resets' your filters/search criteria and starts 'fresh' looking everywhere (except the trash). So every notebook is searched in, whatever your current filters/view are set to.

In my case I mapped the Alt+F short-cut to it, I believe originally it defaults to something like Ctrl+Q. 

(Ignore the red highlights, that's a result of some saved search, and has nothing to do with your question.)

image.thumb.png.63d033615f366b32f3d19ab3478b3f23.png

• Like 2

Cntrl-Q on Windows but it searches only note titles.    I don't remember what the shortcut is on the Mac, but it's easy to find - just open the keyboard shortcut column and search for "switch to." 

I use it all the time too -- it's my primary search tool.  And if it doesn't find the string you're searching for in the title, it conveniently offers to search for the string in the body of your notes.

Vinnie

5 hours ago, MvdH said:

Hi there! Not exactly an answer to the question of the OP, bút maybe useful in combination with the other tips. I use "Switch to..." and almost nothing else. See the yellow highlights. "Switch to..."  'resets' your filters/search criteria and starts 'fresh' looking everywhere (except the trash). So every notebook is searched in, whatever your current filters/view are set to.

In my case I mapped the Alt+F short-cut to it, I believe originally it defaults to something like Ctrl+Q. 

(Ignore the red highlights, that's a result of some saved search, and has nothing to do with your question.)

image.thumb.png.63d033615f366b32f3d19ab3478b3f23.png