Note content doesn't match what is seen on other devices

Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

I've seen similar threads, but this issue might be slightly different. When I open Evernote for Windows (version 10.60.4) on Windows 10, it says that all changes are synced. However some notes are not updating fully and changes aren't reflected in the Windows app. If I append to a note using a third-party app (Drafts or IFTTT), I can see the changes in the web version or in the Android app, but not in Windows. If I use the web version to edit a note (because I want to avoid creating duplicates by editing in the Windows version), I can see the changes in the Android app, but again, not in the Windows app. I'm not really losing data, since I can see it in the web and Android apps, but I feel like I can't reliably use the Windows app. :( Any ideas on how to resolve?

• Level 5
  • Solution

It's conceivable that your local Evernote database has become corrupted. Things to try, in order of drastic nature:

1. Log out of Evernote and log back in.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Uninstall Evernote (people here recommend Revo Uninstaller as doing a more thorough job than the Windows Uninstaller) and re-install it.

I uninstalled (using a combination of Windows Uninstaller and Revo Uninstaller, as I got a "Windows 7 or higher required" pop-up in the first step of uninstalling with Revo), and reinstalled. And I'm still seeing this issue.

The data I'm not seeing seems to be data that is added after I first open a note in the Windows app. I see all of a note to which I appended several times yesterday, when I didn't open the Windows app all day. A note to which I appended today after opening it in the Windows app is showing "all changes saved" and the correct day/time for when the note was last edited, but I don't see the part of the note that was added. Everything is there when I check Evernote Web or the Android app, but not in the Windows app.

• Level 5

Minimum system requirement is Windows 10.

The use on older, abandoned platforms happens on the users own risk. And actually nobody here can trouble shoot what a modern, Electron based app will miss when forced to run in an environment for which it was not designed.

• Level 5
On 8/27/2023 at 4:15 PM, cincincinnati said:

I uninstalled (using a combination of Windows Uninstaller and Revo Uninstaller, as I got a "Windows 7 or higher required" pop-up in the first step of uninstalling with Revo), and reinstalled. And I'm still seeing this issue.

The data I'm not seeing seems to be data that is added after I first open a note in the Windows app. I see all of a note to which I appended several times yesterday, when I didn't open the Windows app all day. A note to which I appended today after opening it in the Windows app is showing "all changes saved" and the correct day/time for when the note was last edited, but I don't see the part of the note that was added. Everything is there when I check Evernote Web or the Android app, but not in the Windows app.

What version did you get when you reinstalled? There's a recent update to v. 10.61 that may be available at www.evernote.com/download.

• Evernote Expert

The latest version of the desktop app is 10.61.4  You can download from evernote.com/download or the store versions will update in due time.

The update process in the app is always slower than downloading because the rollout is managed to prevent server overload.