sections to Evernote

Leonardbrit

Idea

Hello there,

I'm starting a new document concerning learning HTML. I was wondering if there is a way in Evernote to create sections similar to Word where I can click on a section in a Navigation panel and go to that section to quickly revisit my notes with https://www.nursingpaper.com/examples/patient-care/? In Word this is done by adding Headings and I tried using tags but clicking on them in the Navigation panel only takes you into the document as a whole rather than a part of the document with the named notes. Could you let me know if this feature is available in Evernote ? Thank you 

:)

• Like 1

4 replies to this idea

There is no built in function as you asked.  But there is a trick can be shared.

You can place some personal coding (tag) in your document, let say "##Section1##".  In this case, you can ctrl+F and type in ##Section1## in your note.  It will jump to the location you want.  But these symbol can only search within a note.  They cannot be searched in global (Don't know why EN is so stupid).

Hope this can help.

2 hours ago, romelden said:

They cannot be searched in global (Don't know why EN is so stupid).

They are not stupid they made a clealry documented decision (see https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php) to ignore most punctuation. Underscore characters are not ignored, so for example a global search for _dummy_tag will find that text string within a note and not dummy, tag or dummy tag.

You can also use emojis as part of the tag and again this will be found in global search. However emoji searching is a bit buggy in EN so you are probably better off sticking with underscore

• Haha 1