Templates

to the development team....it doesn't appear to be a feature that i can add an existing template to an existing note, even when i go to my templates gallery i seem to be unable to copy and paste the template to a note. the only way i can add a template is at the start of a note?? Suggestions please

4 hours ago, markygg said:

to the development team....it doesn't appear to be a feature that i can add an existing template to an existing note, even when i go to my templates gallery i seem to be unable to copy and paste the template to a note. the only way i can add a template is at the start of a note?? Suggestions please

How do you envisage that would work? I can't imagine a process that takes an existing note, in whatever format it is in, and imposes a template on it. May be that is something that EN's dabbling with AI could lead to, but at the moment I think creating a new note from the template and manually copying and pasting sections of the old note into the correct places is your best bet.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
14 hours ago, markygg said:

Please be aware that these are basically use-to-user forums. To address the developers, you'd need to use a support ticket: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

If you want to apply a template to new, blank note, the procedure is as explained by others. If you want to apply it to a note that already has content ... I'm not sure how that could work, though there may be other types of software that have other types of templates where this works. One approach that some people use is to create notes you want to use as templates and keep them in a templates notebook, then copy and paste from them (or duplicate them) as needed.

• Like 1